ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Magnum 325 engine knock? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/213105-magnum-325-engine-knock.html)

fatfridge 08-10-2005 05:21 PM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

well i was wondering if your guys could help me. i was out riding my friends magnum 325 automatic-trans today. it was pretty wet and muddy out. but anyway, we were out riding for a while and then, all of a sudden, the bike slowed down a whole lot. also, there was this real bad knocking noise comin from the engine. i dunno if it was because we were in water and water got in the oil or what. we called a local company and he said it was dirt build up or something in the tranny, on the belts or something behind the tran cover. can any of you guys help me?? please. thanx
honestly, im afraid to start it, it soulnds like its going to blow up and i dont get barely anypower to the wheels. the knocking is loud too.

RickRitter 08-10-2005 05:36 PM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

It is very likely you have a connecting rod out . 325's like to do that . Get it checked out before it tosses the rod through the cases .

It is possible that the clutch buttons are out , but I would get it diagnosed ASAP .

Rick

scootergptx 08-10-2005 05:52 PM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

Also pull the clutch cover to see if the belt is shredding and knocking on the cover. Better yet, send it to Rick and have him put a 414 kit on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

XtremeSkier 08-10-2005 06:53 PM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Also pull the clutch cover to see if the belt is shredding and knocking on the cover. Better yet, send it to Rick and have him put a 414 kit on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
wish i could get a 414 kit in our magnum 325[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

or at least a pipe or clutch kit...

fatfridge 08-10-2005 07:11 PM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

alright will do, ill tell you guys what i find...thanx for your help.

RickRitter 08-11-2005 12:00 AM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

Extremeskier ---> I have a 414 kit all sleeved up ready to go . LOL ~ Just tell me where to send it .

Rick

spyder6 08-11-2005 12:12 AM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

should get 2 of those kits for my 800 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

scootergptx 08-11-2005 08:14 AM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

Rick, wish you could send it to my house. Guess I haven't begged the wife enough yet. Next trick, crying like a baby. Couldn't Xtreme put the White Bros. E series on his?

XtremeSkier 08-11-2005 08:15 AM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

Originally posted by: RickRitter
Extremeskier ---> I have a 414 kit all sleeved up ready to go . LOL ~ Just tell me where to send it .

Rick
LMAO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

if ur giving them away i'll gladly take it

otherwise u'd get about 50 bucks for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

thanx for the offer tho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

later Rick

XtremeSkier 08-11-2005 08:18 AM

Magnum 325 engine knock?

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Rick, wish you could send it to my house. Guess I haven't begged the wife enough yet. Next trick, crying like a baby. Couldn't Xtreme put the White Bros. E series on his?
and if i put a system on there it'd be HSP...and i wouldnt do that anyways, too loud, we use it hunting, my dad wouldnt be game..

heck i would![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

but he wouldnt, if it was my quad it'd have full gorilla lift kit, that 414 kit of ricks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 589m/s tires, HSP full system, snorkle kit, etc. it'd be one badarse 325, but its not mine, so it's gonna say stock..plus its a 02, looks bran new, and has 30 hours on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]