ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   What Does This Mean!!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/213590-what-does-mean.html)

polarisbob 08-15-2005 01:05 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

i have a 05 sp400 and i was riding it today and when i got home and took it off the trailer there was a little flashing wrench on the display, what does this mean? Maintinance? any help would be appriciated.

Bob

trailblazermudrunner 08-15-2005 01:19 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

Originally posted by: polarisbob
i have a 05 sp00 and i was riding it today and when i got home and took it off the trailer there was a little flashing wrench on the display, what does this mean? Maintinance? any help would be appriciated.

Bob
ASK A LOCAL ADULT.........LOL

UMMM I WOULD SAY DONT RUN IT OR RIDE IT TILL YOU FIND OUT LOOK AT THE MANUAL OR CALL THE DEALER AND AS TO TALK TO A MECHANIC

Kushman 08-15-2005 01:23 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

The flashing wrench icon is generally set at the factory to flash at 50 hours. Its a service Icon to remind you to service your machine. Refer to your manual as far as reseting or changing the Icon.
But you should already know this anyway...You did read your manual..didn't you????

TehWarriorGuy 08-15-2005 01:32 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

Of course he read the manual!! Who doesnt??!? I even read it when im bored LOL

trailblazermudrunner 08-15-2005 01:35 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

Originally posted by: TehWarriorGuy

hahaha i didnt get one with my 250 so i just go out and ride

ScramaDamaDingDong 08-15-2005 01:51 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

I take my manual with me when I go riding so I have something to read after I break my scrammy and have to wait 3 or 4 hours for my riding buddies to finish so I can go home and fix it.

of course I also read it while sitting on the toilet. This leads me to a question I can't find an answer for: why do they call it taking a dump when your actually leaving one.

polarisbob 08-15-2005 01:54 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

Originally posted by: Kushman
You did read your manual..didn't you????
yes, i read the manual but it said "Service Interval/Diagnostic Mode Indicator" and the only word i understood was service so i decided to ask the forum. thanks for the help.

I just looked at the hours and it at 50.0 so thats why its on oviously.

Bob

polarisbob 08-15-2005 01:58 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

Originally posted by: TehWarriorGuy
exactly, i read it just to see pretty pictures of my bike and all the stupid stuff they tell you not to do like dont go up a hill steaper than 25 degrees,lol

ScramaDamaDingDong 08-15-2005 02:01 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

just check the handy dandy service manual for 50 hour service details and do the ones that you think really need done. If you take it to the dealer they will do everything and charge the heck out of you. At least change your oil

XtremeSkier 08-15-2005 02:02 AM

What Does This Mean!!!!

Originally posted by: trailblazermudrunner

Originally posted by: polarisbob
i have a 05 sp00 and i was riding it today and when i got home and took it off the trailer there was a little flashing wrench on the display, what does this mean? Maintinance? any help would be appriciated.

Bob
ASK A LOCAL ADULT.........LOL

UMMM I WOULD SAY DONT RUN IT OR RIDE IT TILL YOU FIND OUT LOOK AT THE MANUAL OR CALL THE DEALER AND AS TO TALK TO A MECHANIC
i agree..dont turn the key, it could explode[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

lol jk

yeah pretty sure thats the service light