Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris " lock'n'ride " Rear Cargo Rack Bag

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris " lock'n'ride " Rear Cargo Rack Bag

I've got it on there now, 500 miles. You can space the lock rubber deeper into the rack by adding a large washer between the rubber spacer and the box bracket. There is plenty of the lock protruding through the rack, it is rock solid and no wear on the rack. I carry 4 1-gallon cans of fuel and a small cooler with no problem, even jumping and whoops didn't loosen it so I'd say it's tested and approved by me anyway. You can always peel the tape off but I see no reason to. Try it....

Old 08-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

...this product has Expansion Anchor Technology which feature Polaris exclusive mounting latches (# 2875230) that allows it to be attached/detached instantly with no tools.
So it doesn't actually use those anchors? If not, then it looks like they just copied the description from the hard box and put it on the side. False advertising.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerslider
I've got it on there now, 500 miles. You can space the lock rubber deeper into the rack by adding a large washer between the rubber spacer and the box bracket. There is plenty of the lock protruding through the rack, it is rock solid and no wear on the rack. I carry 4 1-gallon cans of fuel and a small cooler with no problem, even jumping and whoops didn't loosen it so I'd say it's tested and approved by me anyway. You can always peel the tape off but I see no reason to. Try it....
Yet another 05 device that requires the consumer to go buy washers and foam tape to make it work. It sounds like a good fix. I think i'll sell it . the pop and junk tabs start to bend outward the more you use it, making the anchor weak. I'ts another good idea thrown out to us without perfecting it first. "sealed storage"front and rear. I keep the silicone gun full for those repairs every few rides.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately perfection doesn't exist in the world of reality, there's not many things I buy that don't need final massaging to suit me. The end result many times justify's the extra effort but not always....

Old 08-30-2005, 09:01 PM

I've got the hard box for the rear rack and it works just fine.

No modification. No vibration. 1500 miles.

No leaks or dust.

Pleanty of room for 2 gal. gas, goggles, tow rope, rain suites, tire inflator, jumper cables, first aid kit, and beverages.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:03 AM
Trailblazer

I have decided to keep the bag, it seems like it will work pretty good. My biggest beef was that the bag was not how it was described[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I emailed Polaris and voiced my concerns and the reply that I got back was "thanks for the comments".
I just hope that they change the description on the web site to match the actual product before someone else buys one.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought the soft-sided Polaris rear cargo bag as well at a dealer. Installed easily with velcro and works well, BUT it's not waterproof, not even damp-proof! Maps and everything else got damp repeatedly. It's off! Looking for a hard rear cargo box now. Regards, glnh

Old 08-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

the ad does say it attaches with velcro straps but I do admit they say its a lock and ride bag - prob because it's compatible with the lock and ride rack on the atv

Old 08-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

It attaches to the rear rack with Velcro straps. This was taken right from the description, the last 9 words. It's all there you just didnt read it all.