Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris 325 full throttle and nothing happens

Old 09-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris 325 full throttle and nothing happens

Ok my friends polaris 325 , is havning a problem.
i f you give gas all the way it wont go its like sputterning and not going how it should. we took the air box lid off and sprayed some carb cleaner in it and that diodnt help any . but a couple of weeks back he flipped it and we found a lott of oil in the air box then so we got it all out, and now its sputttering, but now we when took it off we cranked it and noticed oil shooting out of a little hole in the bottom of it. what is this for and is it normal. i think he should change the spark plug because if it was burning oil it might have fouled but what do yall think?

Old 09-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

id look at the plug and possibly take the carb apart and clean it if the cleaner isnt working. id also take a look at the fuel filter if it was old. most likely the carb is gummed up

Old 09-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

i'm not real familiar with that bike but i'm pretty sure that hole has a hose coming to it from the crankcase to burn off gas vapors. if it's spewing oil thats not good at all.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

He needs to take off the carb and clean it. Would also change the plug, and change the oil, if some has spilled out, might as well change it instead of just adding more. Not sure where you're talking about when you say oil is shooting out, airbox?

Old 09-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Range Rover

its not realy shotting its more like a spewing kinda and its when i rev it it does it.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

i wish i could help you more. i havent worked on my 4 stroke much. i don't know if coolent could get in the crankcase somehow from rolling it or not. did you check the oil level? maybe when it roles over the oil can get to a spot in the engine where it normally wouldn't be and that's why it's coming out of that vent tube. hopefully somebody will chime in here.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

If it's a Trail Boss, you can rule out the coolant. rieds is right about the oil getting in places when it was upside down. How long was it upside down. My brother in law rolled mine when it was about 4 hours old. I rolled it about 6 months ago, but was only upside down for less than a minute. Haven't had any problems from either time. I'd take the carb apart and check to see if it got some dirt stuck in the jet or other places. May want to check the valve clearance while you've got it apart. To get to the carb, you'll be taking off the front fenders, hood, tank cover, side cover and gas tank. It's in a real convenient spot. By then you've got it stripped down enough to get to the valve caps. Check the boots for the carb for any cracks or splits too.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
To get to the carb, you'll be taking off the front fenders, hood, tank cover, side cover and gas tank. It's in a real convenient spot. By then you've got it stripped down enough to get to the valve caps. Check the boots for the carb for any cracks or splits too.
You must really enjoy doing things the hard way or are you charging someone by the hour?

You may want to take the tires off the wheels. That should make it an all day job.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

You must really enjoy doing things the hard way or are you charging someone by the hour?

You may want to take the tires off the wheels. That should make it an all day job.[/quote]

Dude you're a real JERK. If you aren't going to contribute then just shut the hell up! I've seen your snotty posting since you've been a member and am not impressed at all with your little snide remarks.

Everyone I'd suggest just ignoring this fool!

Old 09-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally posted by: cornbread2
Originally posted by: Scootergptx
To get to the carb, you'll be taking off the front fenders, hood, tank cover, side cover and gas tank. It's in a real convenient spot. By then you've got it stripped down enough to get to the valve caps. Check the boots for the carb for any cracks or splits too.

You may want to take the tires off the wheels. That should make it an all day job.

I've had mine apart so many times, I can take all that off in 15 minutes. Now I can see it may be a challenge to you, after all, it is a pretty big step from changing the battery on your power wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: polaris 325 full throttle and nothing happens