Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New SP 800 master cylinder leaking.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SP 800 master cylinder leaking.

1.) Like the title says. New 05 SP 800. Never wrecked, never rolled. After my first long hard ride I noticed it leaking a little but I also found that the rubber seemed to be pushed out at the front left corner. I just figured that it was not put back in properly after the dealer's inspection. Doesn't seem to leak during routine use; I notice it after it has sat for a while. Has anyone else had this problem.

2.) Headlight adjustment ****. I was trying to adjust the beam down and the **** keeps pulling up into the headlight pod. Any quick fixes?

3.) The small plastic panel that mounts on top of the fender panel just beneath the headlight pod is always loose on one side or the other. It covers a couple of capped terminals. Is it common for this to be loose?

I have been really impressed with the driveline and most of the major components so far. However, some of the little things like those listed above and the little ratty plastic cap on the 12v outlet are a little annoying. I am jealous of the Honda guys and their 12v outlet. (I know, it is a small thing but I carry a small air pump and 12v light and would like to keep the outlet fairly rust free.) I love the way my 800 turns heads. People are impressed to see it crawl through a big mud hole and then run straight up a 55-60 degree slope. I have converted some Honda and Yamaha owners after seeing my from locker pull me past them while they were stuck doing the three wheel peel. Thanks in advance for the help. Rick

Old 10-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SP 800 master cylinder leaking.

My 05 SP500LE had the same master cylinder leak problem. It just got worse and worse. Finally took it to dealer and they replaced the entire master cylinder and I have not had any problems since.

My dad bought a 05 700 camo and that little front cover is actually attached with a scew on each side. My cap does not come off but my brothers does.