Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TOP 100 THINGS NOT TO DO WITH AN ATV

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOP 100 THINGS NOT TO DO WITH AN ATV

Originally posted by: cwigg
Don't know that I can speak for all ATV's, but the air in the rear tires floated my Polaris 325 Magnum.....Thank God. If not, I would have drown!!! I can tell you that draining everything, and getting back in running condition is a time consuming process....so the mentality of thinking that they don't float, is probably a good one to maintain.
I've heard they float upside down. I'd rather not find out firsthand, however [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 02-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

when i was 12 i got my trail boss, never realized how sticky the tires were on pavement then found out what the override button did .. tried backin up showin off and the handlebars turned and over n over i went, bent the handlebars right down to the gastank lol .. couple weeks later a friend of mine was like let me try .. but he was on a dirtroad .. and im like dont go too fast its touchy hes like yup .. hit her and went right in the ditch lol, good fun though, never got hurt, ONE THING NOT TO DO!!! drive without a helmet and drink, i was going up the pavement pretty drunk without a helmet cuz somebody stole it, i still to this day dont know why i did it but my friend witnessed it and i was goin 90 and cut it on a straight road and slid up the pavement, got home and realized i had a concussion and major road rash

Old 02-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

k been riding for a couple of years and i got a bit of experiance to share
1. ALWAYS wear a helmet
2. try not to drink to much when riding
3. slow down in the dark
4. most important, when drunk, riding in the dark, not wearing a helmet, trying to pass your buddy on a rapter, eating his dust, don't blow the corner and do a header into the biggest birch tree at around 55mph it hurts for days
5. do not try to show off for a girl with your buddies raptor cause when you flip it it breaks a lot of stuff
6. do not let your friends try to puddle jump 20 feet of open water on a fourtrax 350 (they do float UPSIDEDOWN) but my scrammy made it no prob

been readin these posts for a while and just had to add my two cents

Old 02-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

oh yea i forgot to mention one, dont try to steal your sons bike to go hunting on a rainy day without him knowing, i came home from school and the bike was on the back of dads truck and the back window was busted out, i noticed the hole that the bumper made in the window was higher than the bumper, so i asked what happened he said he slid on the ramps the first time so he hit it with some speed, got air and went into the window in mid air lol, not a damn thing wrong with the bike

Old 02-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sick to my stomach reading this crap.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wayout
I'm sick to my stomach reading this crap.
Unlike the other spinning threads, this one is actually FULL of USEFUL information. For example, I now know exactly why there is a warning next to the reverse override button.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

Well i did not read all the posts on this but i have a couple that i don't think have been said. Don't hit a fully loaded gravel truck at 60+ mph.

New alxe=$318

New Pants and Underware=$30

Walking away without a scratch and getting to brag about it the next day= Priceless.

Another one is do not try to outrun the cops. Well i tried that one. Beat the first 3 and was clocked at 83mph, with 2 people on my raptor. That was down hill probably when they clocked me, so there is no discression on that. Also i was smart enough to ditch the 4 wheeler, because there was a road block not even a mile up the road. So i don't look like a bad person i am only 16 and my 14 year old g/f was pregnant. Needless to say her dad is nuts, and he scares me. So we ran off. I really did not commit a crime or anything. But it did cost me and engine rebuild on my rappy, because 15 miles of wot can put strain on a motor, especially on road with alot of straingt aways. Luckily i was being chased by a couple of chevys, if they were fords i would of never been able to get away.Lol. Also i have seen yfzrydermace hit the railroad tracks at about 35 mph. You slide for a long time on those things. Haha. Then you flip. But i have been really lucky to have never really been hurt on a quad or bike. The most i have ever done is cut my hand up while trying to pass yfzrydermace on a 1 lane hill side trail. Needless to say i went over the hill but i did break the z's fall, luckly.lol.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

if you are tired of reading this "crap", as someone said a few post back, simply dont click on this thread or when it comes to your email, delete it. no one is making anyone on here read anything. so please dont start bashing on people for telling the stories. thanks-PB500

Old 02-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

Dont pipe a two stroke and not jet it
If you do a wheelie and the grab bar touches Dont floor it
Dont turn realy sharp while going realy fast
Dont stop on a steep hill and try to keep going up it
Dont run over things bigger than your tires
Dont run over people or dogs or cats
DONT RUN FROM THE COPS (even if he is busy chasing the other guy and you pulled over in the first place)

Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have posted on this before but I forgot this 1. My friend got off work one night and went night riding and came upon a car in a field, well it isnt what your first thought is , lol but he thought it was abandoned and started to open the door and there was a man in it he rasied up and scared the crap out of my friend he was still shakeing the next day telling it,lol. Found out later that the man lived in his car in this field.
So I guess there is some lesson in this story.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Also lol if you hook a wrecked car hood on your quad and pull someone dumb enough to get on the hood/sleigh around in the snow besure to keep it under 10 mph, due to the force of a sharp turn at 20 mph with a 15 foot rope the ocupant on the hood can become a projectile and may not like you anymore. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] All I can say that it was one of the funnest things I had seen.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: TOP 100 THINGS NOT TO DO WITH AN ATV