ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Trailblazer 250 owners! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/222446-trailblazer-250-owners.html)

Fenton88 11-15-2005 11:10 PM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

Hey i was just wondering how many ppl have trailblazer 250s and what they like dislike about the machines. my buddy has an 01 trailblazer he wants to sell me and they've got a light weight wiseco racing piston in it and have had it clocked at 90kmh with 2ppl on it. I think its a great machine but i am wondering if the 250 would be too small for me i'm 17 almost 6ft and weigh about 200lbs. all the info would be great thanks in advance!

scrammersam 11-16-2005 12:14 AM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

id have to say its a pretty good machine and ive found that your size doesnt matter too much with polaris
i know someone who had one and he is about your size a bit bigger and is actually wanting to get another one.
there isnt much to complain about cuz they have been around for years just that stock you might want more power but with a few mods it can be an awesome machine not as great as the 400 but hay what is lol

AvalanchePolaris 11-16-2005 12:49 AM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

I've got an '03 and so does my buddy. The foot pedal for the rear brake doesn't work anymore on either one of ours. I haven't been able to find an adjustment.

scrammersam 11-16-2005 02:12 AM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

i forgot how to too

MnFriesen 11-16-2005 02:51 AM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

we have one....it is the one I enjoy riding the most. We just did a rebuild on it for the first time. the power is lacking, but you could easily make it wake up. I am 6'3 240ish btw

scootergptx 11-16-2005 08:05 AM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

Haven't had any problems with ours. Don't sweat the back brake not working. Polaris calls it an "auxillary" brake anyway. You can bleed it, but you'll just keep doing that unless you buy the brake splitter. Easier to just let it go and use the combo brake on the bars.

BryceGTX 11-16-2005 01:28 PM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

Hey Fenton88. We have two Trailblazers, one for my wife and one for me. I think the Trailblazer is a very under rated machine. It has more suspension travel than any other 250 ever made and much more than most sports quads. It has a very cushy ride. It jumps well. The engine is very reliable. It sips oil and gets reasonable gas mileage. It has big wide tires (compared to other sports quads) The frame is indestructable because it has to handle the abuse of the Scrambler. It has got very good clutching for crawling and gas mileage. Although if you want performance, you may want to change the clutching. In the winter, I use it for plowing snow. For hauling, I mounted a 2" ball and I move my twin jetski trailer and quad trailer around. For riding in the dunes, I have a set of sand tires for each quad and it works great in the sand. I love the single hand brakes which are excellent. The automatic trans has been bullet proof on both quads. The rear brakes on both quads work fine. I bled the rear on one quad a few months ago because I noticed it a bit low and it still works fine.
Bryce

Fenton88 11-16-2005 06:01 PM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

Hey thanks for the input..i had a 91 trail boss 250 but i got rid of it cuz i wanted a sportier quad..my friend has the trail blazer 250 and scrambler 400 but he said he likes the trail blazer cuz its lighter..and its got no problems keepin up with the scrammy until about 90kmh..so i think thats pretty good for a 250!

freightshaker 11-16-2005 07:31 PM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

i would have to agree with scrammersam. size does not matter, i am 6ft2 280lbs and i own a250 trailblazer and gets around GREAT. i do have some mods, but stock it still was good.

dirtsnow 11-16-2005 07:31 PM

Trailblazer 250 owners!

they are a nice easy to ride trail machine, a fun ride, great suspension, the full sized frame fits larger riders well.