Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Caught some little punk in my shop last night

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caught some little punk in my shop last night

Well I am new to this site, but I think the boy tripped and fell over the extension cord in wild1's shop that would account for his bruised ribs. Then he tripped and fell while his hands were full of my stuff and therefore could not catch himself and busted his lip.

Here in rural Oklahoma we have creative ways to deal with "horse thieves(my hot rod PoPo)"

Old 11-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

Im sorry, but not beating the crap out of somebody in your property with all indications they are stealing (or worse), because your afraid of being sued, is a cop out. Anybody can sue you for anything at anytime, but winning the suit is a different story. I have been there, twice. And I prevailed, twice. Not that I have absolute faith in juries or the justice system, but anywhere in America; your house, your shop, your garage, your outhouse, you are presumed to be protecting yourself and property when confronted by an intruder, until proven otherwise. And the burden of proof is on the intruder to prove that. I am NOT condoning beating the living H@LL out of the local drunk who wanders into your garage and passes out. But the punk who broke in needs reasonable restraint until the cops arrive, and reasonable is your perception of force neccessary to feel safe, because your home is the one place your supposed to automatically feel safe and any intruder is automatically a threat. And if I found somebody brave enough to break into my stuff, I would be REALLY scared and would not hesitate a nano second to use enough force to prevent this guy from trying to hurt me or get away. In other words I would pummel him so all he could think about was pain, and not trying to hurt me.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

You better check your pockets thewild1... I just saw this ad on e-bay from some punk in Ontario... "vintage 1979 trans am in mint condition, will send keys & give directions but you must pick up the car, will consider trade for smokes and asprin (or band-aids)... recommend that you wear full-faced helmet & full chest protection when you pick it up as there are lot's of trip hazards at storage facility." J/K lol

Old 11-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scramblator
You better check your pockets thewild1... I just saw this ad on e-bay from some punk in Ontario... "vintage 1979 trans am in mint condition, will send keys & give directions but you must pick up the car, will consider trade for smokes and asprin (or band-aids)... recommend that you wear full-faced helmet & full chest protection when you pick it up as there are lot's of trip hazards at storage facility." J/K lol
LOL. Very clever. But I really wouldnt put it past anyone seeing the stuff going on at ebay lately.

Steve Lubecki

Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in "po-dunk" Oklahoma a 17yr old juvie was stealing a radio from a guy who had his truck broke into several times. The kid was running off with the radio and the truck owner shot him in the back, killing him. Truck owner went to trial and was acquitted on all charges. We have a "make my day" law here, but dont think stealing property is defined in it. It basically is if they try to come into your home, shoot first and sort out the questions later. Not sure, but I dont think it is if they are on your property, just trying to come into your home.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:03 AM
Trailblazer

The funny thing is that when the cops arrived they already knew this guy , so the first cop says oh hey Mr kraft looks like your going to jail tonight and judging by the look of your face you were resisting arrest to . lol. I told them straight up that he tried to run and he looked like he was reaching for something in his pocket . The cops called me today to follow up and the cop said he was questioning that little punk this morning and told me that i did a number on his face, and that i was the talk of the cop shop ,and jokingly asked me for a job !

Old 11-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

When you say "little punk" i invision you beating up a 12 year old.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

insure it and forget about it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

poor punk kids need toys too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

If I had to kick azz on everyone who has stolen from me (bad checks, shop lifters, credit card fraud , the guy who stole my new compression guage off my tool box , guys that were "coming in Friday to pay the bill" , the kid that stole my motorcycle and couldn't start it so he set it on fire , ect , ect ) I would have to close shop for a month and go out beating poeple up 6 days a week . LOL

Then , when I got done I would need to spend the next month at my lawyers office trying to get myself out of all the trouble .

Rick

Old 11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: RickRitter
I don't like being a victim of crime either , but knocking the tar out of a kid is something you can't insure yourself for , Canada must be different (or at least I hope so for your sake) here in the states you would be in way more trouble than the thief . Rick PS ---> I never said I liked it this way , just have accepted that's how it is .
I was thinking the same thing especially if he is under 18.

Quick Reply: Caught some little punk in my shop last night