Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wife wants new GMC Envoy ext

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife wants new GMC Envoy ext

drlang i do know that the bikes gotta get there....but if you want more responses maybe placing this topic in the trucks and towing forum would be better vs. the polaris forum.....the topic area for truck and towing is the second from the bottom. it just clutters up the forums when everyone place topics in the wrong area. we all have to sort threw these topics just to find info on our bikes and it gets very frustrating....
my recommendation for your towing issue is to get the new mega cab diesel dodge..save the extra penny's it takes and get the right rig for the job.. ihad a diesel ford crew cab and it towed my trailer and quads just fine, plus it has plenty of room for gear and people.
my 2 cents

Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Budman650
Originally posted by: maddog56
I'd be a little leary about GM products right now. I agree with spyder6(wow, did I say that?). Quote from AP, "GM is in ruins". Bankruptcy is a common word for them.
::shakes head::, the only way I'd be worried about GM is if I was a retired worker who was recieving a sizeable pension. C'mon guys this is GM, the largest automaker in the world. And it's not going south because of illegal practices or corrupt management, its under market pressure. The automotive market has been rough in the US since 2000/2001, the rebates over the last year simply masked the underlying problems. It's a downturn and even if one of the big 3 does have to declare bankruptcy they'll still be around and they'll still honor warranties. A company like GM or Ford doesnt simply close it doors, at least not from this point in the market.
shakes head, why don't you quote the other guys too? I didn't just make this up. Do you have proof on your comments? It's under market pressure because they can't compete with the quality that other manufacturers have to offer. Chrysler got bailed out at one time. Look at Delta. GM might not close it's doors, but they are definately in trouble. Wait, I think I got another recall notice in the mail for my truck.
I quoted you because you were the last to post regarding it. Take a look industry wide, GM isnt the only one having problems. While automobile sales in fell acrossed the industry the vast majority was light truck sales. As a percentage of industry sales there was a 3.8% drop in cars, 22.3% drop in light trucks, in other words they sold about 22,000 an 167,000 fewer vehicles respectively. The whole market is suffering a downturn, both GM and Ford both lost around 23% of their market share because of thier reliance on the light truck market. No major automaker posted more than a 5.2% gain in market share despite the huge losses by two of the big 3. Yet the best selling vehicles in the nation are still ford trucks with chevy's silverado in third. Of the top 15 vehicles in the GM sells four, more than any other company.

I could go on, but I really dont feel like veering any farther off course. One member is already getting pissy about this not being a Polaris topic.

If you'd like references check the Oct 18th article by Danny Hakim and the Nov 2nd article by Michelle Maynard both in the Times.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TJCINC
drlang i do know that the bikes gotta get there....but if you want more responses maybe placing this topic in the trucks and towing forum would be better vs. the polaris forum.....the topic area for truck and towing is the second from the bottom. it just clutters up the forums when everyone place topics in the wrong area. we all have to sort threw these topics just to find info on our bikes and it gets very frustrating....
my recommendation for your towing issue is to get the new mega cab diesel dodge..save the extra penny's it takes and get the right rig for the job.. ihad a diesel ford crew cab and it towed my trailer and quads just fine, plus it has plenty of room for gear and people.
my 2 cents
Maybe a clue for you was the title of the thread. It would be easy for you just to pass it up and not get all frustrated, but you had to come in here anyway and clutter up our replies. On top of it you still make a recommendation for a tow vehicle. Make up your mind.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: maddog56
[quote]
[

I quoted you because you were the last to post regarding it. Take a look industry wide, GM isnt the only one having problems. While automobile sales in
[quote]
I could go on, but I really dont feel like veering any farther off course. One member is already getting pissy about this not being a Polaris topic.[quote]

That's OK, I thought you were beating me up.
there are so many off subject threads. That's what makes this forum fun. Some guys just like sticking in a place where they know everyone. Most of us are friends,well, except the pissy one

Old 11-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Range Rover

ok so now you state that im the pissy one, i believe you dont even know me, i am trying to be helpfull, thats why i recommend him to place his topic in the trucks and towing post, the post is there so that guys like myself can help recommend a decent tow rig, and i wasnt talking to anyways budman, im sorry you feel this way, if i cant even recommend him to post in a froum area that pertains to what he's looking for then what the heck is this forum for....... if you just wonna chat with your buddys then maybe you should pm him and let him know whats up! im not into a pissing match but really wanted to help drlang.

sorry guys, im trying to help drlang get his ? answered......forgive me for helping. maybe thats why this forum is so damn frustrating, if you all want a chat room then go to it. but when guys need help they post a request for it and thats what i have done.......so hey budman take a leap in the water and cool off.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks for the offer tjcinc, it was pretty warm today. Maybe maddog will join me. Later

Old 11-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the offer tjcinc, it was pretty warm today. Maybe maddog will join me. Later
Budman and I were just discussing GM's situation and the impact it may or may not have down the road. He asked for more detailed information so I tried to provide it. Whether or not GM may have problems in the future is certainly an important factor to consider when purchasing a 30k+ dollar GM suv. I felt the discussion was quite relevant.

tjcinc, you claim to want to help the member get his post answered yet you have provided no direct information or help. You posted twice saying the same thing, this belongs in another forum. Maybe so, but you repeating it wont help the originator of the post, he can read and I'm sure he saw it the first time around.

Budman, it's chilly here but I love the water. Maybe tjcinc can bring the floaty toys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

I have a pickup truck for the majority of the towing. It's when the whole family comes along that I'll need to use my wife's vehicle. I'm plannig on looking at the Honda Pilot, I think the Nissan's are ugly.
Budman haven't you learned your lesson yet?

Old 11-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: drlang
I have a pickup truck for the majority of the towing. It's when the whole family comes along that I'll need to use my wife's vehicle. I'm plannig on looking at the Honda Pilot, I think the Nissan's are ugly.
Budman haven't you learned your lesson yet?
I was just sticking up for my best friend. Maybe I should go back to school and take the anti-bullying class 101

Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

this is a VERY interresting topic and should continue.

i think that in this day-and-age the multi-purpose gas-guzzler just doesn't cut it! the day-to-day 15-18MPG commuter is just simply a dumb-dumb. (but the Honda Pilot @21MPG that can tow a considerable amount of weight sounds pretty good to me!)

if someone can afford it, i think having TWO vehicles is the way to go. a truck and a 35MPG plus vehicle.

BTW, some of the LOOOOOOOONGEST threads on this Forum have had NOTHING to do with ATVs! last year i posted one on "Favorite Quotes". it seemed to last forever! LOL!

GREAT TOPIC! KEEP IT UP![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

~MT

Quick Reply: Wife wants new GMC Envoy ext