Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Any body like to listen to music while they ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any body like to listen to music while they ride?

Guy"s I bought an XM radio t he XM to go couple months ago it comes with a car kit home dock and a set of ear buds and head phones..the head phones have a antenna built in...Today I decided to take it with me when me and my son took a ride and with the head phones on my taboggin over the phones
man it was amazing could barley hear the quad running only bad thing,my son took it away from me after an hour and now I gotta buy him one..lol...

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA...
PERKY

Old 12-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have an older Diamond Rio 600 MP3 player (flash, not hard drive) that I'll sometimes use when riding, with the little earbud earphones under the helmet. It is dangerous indeed, because with the right music, you seem invinsible! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I've never had a problem with it, except the time I dropped my last one in the swamp. I watched the screen fade away right before my eyes..

Old 12-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

You know I asked this very same question on this site about four-five months ago. I bought an I River MP3 player for the reason that it actually has a toggle control, sorta like a joystick. I found some speakers that install inside my helmet that have an inline speaker control and used velcro to install them inside the ear holes. I then placed a bit more velcro on the very back middle of the helmet and found that my goggle strap will stick to it. This serves two purposes..keeps my goggle strap around the back of the helmet and provides a mounting means for the I-River case which clips on the strap between the buckles where there is normally a small loop. I can ride along and if I dont like what I'm hearing I can reach around the back of my helmet and hit the "joystick" on the I- River to change the tune. If volume isnt loud enough the control for that is just off the left side of my neck. Works like a charm! 250 songs at my disposal and three weeks ago I listened to the Redskins give it up to the Chiefs while riding with friends. they were asking for updates as we stopped along the trails. An advantage of this setup is that you can take your helmet off and the whole assembly comes with it preventing gettting tangled up with the speaker cord should the unit be in your pocket or on your arm. You would probably have trouble with an I Pod due to the fact that it has a finger pad instead of the toggle on the I--River. I bought it at Best Buy and got a two year warranty as an extra should i get caught in the rain or a deep puddle. Any damage? Instant replacement. By the way..where is Grundy Virginia? I'm in Northern Virginia and always looking for a new place to ride...

Old 12-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Dewalt radio. Its a heavy duty job site radio with a little roll cage around it. I hook my mp3 player to it, strap it on the back rack and crank it up. I like it b/c everyone can hear it while you ride and when you stop for a beer brake or something, you and your buddies have a little something to listen to. Battery pack says it will play for about 18 straight hours but i havent tested it out for that long yet. I always recharge after every ride.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

I've tried it a few times, but didn't like it.

Most of my riding is done at the lake and there are always people to stop and talk to, as well as cars coming up and down the roads. Too much work to stop the music to talk to people and too dangerous not to hear the cars.

But long rides it can be nice. Just keep it low enough you can hear any funny noises your quad might make [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 12-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

"Any body like to listen to music while they ride?"

I listen to the best music of all::::::::::::the engine noise, and the sound of the wind filling my helmet!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the only music i listen to is small honda dirtbikes trying to keep up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]