Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which Glacier Plow to use for earth / gravel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Glacier Plow to use for earth / gravel?

Originally posted by: butzla
Originally posted by: kj330
The state forrest is about 2 mile down the tracks. I dont know about the tracks in Mass. but the ones here, if you ride in the center it is next to impossible to get off them.(or on them for that matter). Plus the train thing scares the terds out of me.The freight trais here are heading straight into Mass and moving about 35-45.

Good luck if you want I could probably post a pic of each set-up so you can c what I mean. The glacier is rather pricy but they are worth the money to me..
My plows have moved more than a little bit of earth before. I did two gravel driveways this past year. 20 tons of stone each. no problem. And I have graded several lots also.

have a good day....
Ya I hear ya about the tracks....if a train came by there's no way I'd get off fast enough. I had to stop, put it in low, back and forth a bit. Of course I'm a newbie but still....

I just ordered a whole Glacier razor off of Ebay for $505 including shipping and insurance. It was a Buy it Now auction for $525 but there was a "submit best offer" option. I offered him $450 and he bit on it. (shipping and insurance was $55 more). I'm happy considering my "stealer" wanted $625 for the same setup. I'd like to see those pictures still though. Keep em comin!

Old 01-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Range Rover

Sweet let me know how it works out...

Old 01-08-2006, 03:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

congrats on the new blade. the Razor is low in the middle then tapers up on each end. i put a tape to mine and it's 60", not 56".

i wish they offered a rubber flap to increase the height of the blade. it's just too low. my Moose could handel A LOT more snow in comparrison.

~MT

Old 01-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

butzla, what was the ebay auction number? I am interested in one also. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Range Rover

Whats up MT? You could probably fab one up yourself. What I do is use 8' rubber from the top of my Fisher plows on my trucks. The old ones of course. I cut a piece to 56" and bolted it to the top of all my atv plows. You can even find some rubber heavy enough at your local hardware store, sold by the foot. I dont know what the top of the Razor plow looks like, but it may work for ya...

Old 01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: golferdude1971
butzla, what was the ebay auction number? I am interested in one also. Thanks in advance.
I went on Ebay and did a search for "Polaris Glacier Plow". There's only a few sellers that have them. The seller I bought from was "breeselawngarden", Item #

Check "sellers other auctions - store view" on this link he has other glaciers too.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

I just got some pics of my plow up take a look..

Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

I just got some pics of my plow up take a look..
Looks pretty sweet! I see you have the rubber flap and flags. Are they both helpful?

Old 01-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

The flags are pretty useless, but they make it look cool. The flap adds some weight(about 10#s), and it keeps the snow out of your face when plowing. I have the flapp and flags on all three of my Glacier plows. The 2-500cc bike plow at around 10-20 mph, so the flaps really help.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

The flags are pretty useless, but they make it look cool. The flap adds some weight(about 10#s), and it keeps the snow out of your face when plowing. I have the flapp and flags on all three of my Glacier plows. The 2-500cc bike plow at around 10-20 mph, so the flaps really help.
So the flap you have pictured is actually off an old Fisher plow? Self fabricated? Guess I'll have to wait and see if the razor is any better at keeping the snow out if your face. (It comes tomorrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Quick Reply: Which Glacier Plow to use for earth / gravel?