Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where should Polaris be going in the Future?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where should Polaris be going in the Future?

They need to start getting some NICE Polaris showrooms like Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki. And stop dealing with these backwoods people. When you drop 7 grand in a place, you dont want to have to sit on a used lawnmower while they do your paper work.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

This is my opinion, but I think all the manufacturers push the quads out too fast and I think that all of them could have better quality control. Polaris has some problems with the efi's and their hillard clutch, the brute force has had its fair share of problems, the king quad with the reverse issue and lately their has been alot of top end rebuilds because Suzuki put a crappy air filter on it, and I read that alot of grizz owners complain that the grizz burns oil and some guys I read are on their 3rd topend. Don't bash me because I don't think Polaris is any better than the other brands. I think every manufacturer have their own unique problems. I will continue to ride Polaris because it fits my needs.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, but what would you change? A new model from the ground up? Is the quality ok to you? More power? Get rid of the belt? I like it. Simple yet it does the job. Better craftsmanship?

Old 01-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ncriderforks
I agree, but what would you change? A new model from the ground up? Is the quality ok to you? More power? Get rid of the belt? I like it. Simple yet it does the job. Better craftsmanship?

As I wrote in my last post, I believe all manufacturers could do better on quality. Some small things would go a long way like the rattles i'm trying to fix in my rear rack and the plastic side cover on the right side isn't perfect. Had the resister fix done, I think that could have been prevented. Personally the 500 has plenty of power for me and your right about belt driven quads I like them too because they are simple and efficient setup and with a little maintenance they will last a very long time.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

they already have the power, look at how these things keep up with machines over 100 pounds lighter. now they need to refine that power and get rid of all that vibration. lighter machines would be nice but only if they maintain the structural integrity. I think Honda may have something with their torque converter tranny, Polaris should build one with more ratios or perhaps a high and low range. I also think there is still a market for manuals, not electric shift, just straight forward shifting, but with a mechanism that can accomodate large boots. give me all of this with a SRA, waiting...

Old 01-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

They should make the shifting back like the 05 models. Where you have to mash the rear brake for high and park.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

In regards to the future for the Sportsman 800...... Polaris will need to add more horsepower and a 3 to 5 year warranty to compete with the Bomb 800.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

more ponies? no problem. 3-5 year warranty? LMAO! thanks for the laugh, Polaris would stand to lose too much money, don't forget money is priority #1, quality is #, well it's on the list some where, I hope...

Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

Polaris is making up for QC issues. They are currently offering free 3 year extended service contract on select new ATV's.

Current Polaris Offers

Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

well blow me down! looks good in print but I have heard from more than one person that their dealer claimed to no nothing about it. another Polaris problem, manufacturer/dealer relationship, very little consistancy. some dealers do things one way, some another. I realize that dealerships are private business but there should be some sort of regularity protocal followed that would improve customer satisfaction. fortunatly for Polaris the consumer's hunger for new machines is stronger than their desire for satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Where should Polaris be going in the Future?