Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New American OutLaw...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outlaw looks ...

This bike looks really nasty - what if anything does anyone know about this machine - will they be easy to obtain or will it be a limited market with dealer squeezing top dollars...?

Old 01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default outlaw looks ...

it dosnt look too shy from a predator. as far as production, they are going to be in very limited quanity and in limited production for the first year, dealers are starting to take delivery for them though. if you can find a dealer that has one and you want one, you better make a move fast, only 800 are being produced this year.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default outlaw looks ...

I have ridden it, I love it, and it rides so good. hard to screw up landing a jump off camber. It just soaks it up and wants more. Great machine, It will make headlines

Old 01-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default outlaw looks ...

New Polaris Outlaw 500

http://www.atving.com/atvconnection/...Outlaw-500.cfm

http://www.atving.com/atvconnection/...Outlaw-500.cfm

It won the trail shootout against the Rap700 efi /ds/V in the current issue of ATV Sport.

Jim

Old 01-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default outlaw looks ...

If you don't mind -

When did you ride it ? Was it a prototype ? Can you be more specific ?

Old 01-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default outlaw looks ...

Well, I know alot of people. Not being rude but I don't want to get into where and when. But when you get a chance to ride it, do it. It does take some adjustments as far as sliding the rear end around. But when you get a feel for it, You don't want to go back, or that's my opinion anyway. Not trying to say it's right for everyone, but for me........ the control through rough terrain is untouchable

Old 01-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default outlaw looks ...

Here's the skinny ...

Just got back from the dealer - Here's the story - he salesdroid drove the new Outlaw in a showdown Dealer Polaris sponsored weekend event they had in the fall over in Thurman, NY (upper state).

Apparently, they had all the new ATV's from all the makers Bomb, Suzuki, Kawie, Yam and of course Polaris. He personally drove the Outlaw and just couldn't say enough great things - He was acting like a little kid describing his Xmas gifts to his best friend - LOL.

Anyway, he said he had two coming in at the end of February, Polaris ship date Feb 20th. Stated he was lucky to get two because the first year will be limited production only 800 units national (USA only), with NO overseas shipments.

All confirmed via the Polaris dealer computer system. He said he cannot get anymore he tried to order more and was denied all 800 units are currently spoken for at dealerships nation wide so no more for him.

Well needless to say I BOUGHT BOTH OF THEM...

Old 01-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default New American OutLaw...

The only problem I have had it the seat latch. I had to cut a hole in the fender to get a finger under it.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

congrats, my dealer has 3 coming in the end of January. hope you like it!

Old 01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

About the dealer riding the outlaw....

Polaris has a group of guys that go around the country for the dealers and they bring all of the brands with them. They do a classroom deal and then let the salesmen ride everything. They get feedback from them on what they like and don't like. It gives the dealers a better understanding of thecompetition so they can better relate with the customers. It's called the Way Out Training Tour (WOTT). It is a great class. The good thing is they don't slam other product brands. They let the dealers decide what they like and what they would like improved.

Quick Reply: New American OutLaw...