Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

axles hanging out hawkeyes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axles hanging out

what happened to the rubber covers over the axles, the nut and cotter key is visible for the whole world to see !!!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Range Rover
Default axles hanging out hawkeyes

The quit putting the on the Predator too. Not sure why.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Range Rover

I know, it looks terriable. My parts guys have been looking for a aftermarket set to fit the Hawkeye.
Been looking for some other tires and wheel packages too.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

man oh man, more QC issues, glad I got my Polaris before the quality dropped off. innovation is nothing without quality.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

they are just trying to make more money by cheapening it up! what they fail to realize is it kinda gives themselves a black eye from the consumers stand point!

Old 01-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

how much would it cost polaris to fix that problem,it just don't make sence to me why they let that machine come out the door like that is be on me,looks like s"""t polaris is going down hill boys,they are worried more about inovation than quality,it takes both to make work,you gotta have to give them credit for at least one of the two,, and we all know which one that is............

Old 01-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

well i noticed this little oversight on looks too but go look at any sport bike and they are not on any of them either i think they should put them on all bikes but thats just my 2cents

Old 01-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: zerowick
man oh man, more QC issues, glad I got my Polaris before the quality dropped off. innovation is nothing without quality.

You are full of it....

Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

and your trying to start something that you shouldent.

i myself think it looks better without them. i always thought that they looked silly. i belive polaris stopped making them and putting them on when the SP800 came out. because it was coverd with the wheel, it wasnt neccisary to produce them.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

You are full of it....
yes, I can be, I do have my moments, must have been a day when I was mad at Polaris. really I can't complain about my bike, only thing that went wrong was a carb overflow leak, now only a drip hear and there after I went in 7 times and gave up. my machine is perfect for what I do with it and really there isn't anything out there that I feel would be a better replacement. EFI would be nice, but mine starts and runs great in all weather. see I went to a big motorsports dealer today that has all four Japanese brands and a good selection of ATV's. buddy was getting a dirt bike for his kid. I checked out all the big bore sport utes, only thing they didn't have was a new KQ, they said the factory is lagging. sat on 'em, checked out the plastic and drivetrains, and still my 04.5 to me is superior all around for what I do with it. the Sportsman is just a much more substantial machine, sure it is much heavier as a result, but I like that too. the others feel flimsy, soft, and squishy in comparison, felt good to get back home and jump on the Polaris.

Quick Reply: axles hanging out hawkeyes