Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hawkeye reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye reviews?

Any of you new Hawkeye 4x4 owners have a review? I did a search and found a little bit. I guess these quads are still to new to have much of a following . I scanned all the ATV mags last week, but still no reviews. I sure don't want to find out the hard way whether they are any good or not.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hawkeye reviews?

Dirt Wheels did a very favorable review a few issues back. I have the 2 wheel drive version and really like it.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hawkeye reviews?

Hey toro what kind of speed are you getting out of it... I was kicking around the idea of getting one for a second machine but was wondering what the top speed was... Anything else you like or dislike about it? Thanks

Old 01-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hawkeye reviews?

Toro, was the review a one page article and showed the hawkeye in a really overgrown ravine coming out of a ditch? I think I did see that and it said the hawkeye was going everywhere a sportsman 500 could go?

Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hawkeye reviews?

The October 2005 ATV Action mag had a test on it. Does anybody still have that issue and would summarize it?

Old 01-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hawkeye reviews?

i'm interrested in reading a review also.

good incentives right now on Hawkeye. no interest plus 3 yr warranty OR no interest plus $350 accessories.

i saw one at my local Dealer and like it!

~MT

What's a good price for one?

Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hawkeye reviews?

wow mt im surprised you would still consider a polaris.. not that i wouldent i cant help it i have went and looked at other machines and i still come back to polaris. actually i am negotiating with my dealer now about the hawkeye for the wife. we bought her a sportsman 400 in july but she dident like it because it was to big for her. the dealer let me ride one and i was impressed with its power feels about as fast as a TB 250 with a lot more pull from down low....

Old 01-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hawkeye reviews?

The Hawkeye 4x4 is a downsized Sportsman. The ride is not as soft. I found the suspension too stiff (oversprung) for me, and I'm a BIG rider! The steering is very easy... the women will love how easy it maneuvers. For a small engine it does produce good low end power and rpm, then drops off @ mid range. Due to the small cc"s not much pull going on at high speeds. I would say that if you could install softer springs, it would be the perfect machine for the wife or a small teenager.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hawkeye reviews?

Originally posted by: Jayblazer
wow mt im surprised you would still consider a polaris.. not that i wouldent i cant help it i have went and looked at other machines and i still come back to polaris. actually i am negotiating with my dealer now about the hawkeye for the wife. we bought her a sportsman 400 in july but she dident like it because it was to big for her. the dealer let me ride one and i was impressed with its power feels about as fast as a TB 250 with a lot more pull from down low....
i just get a little up tight once in awhile. job stress mostly. my ATV is "my way out." i've come to expect G-R-E-A-T things from Polaris! since 1995 my Polaris ATV's have simply exceeded my expectaitions!......well untill this 500EFI of course.

however, i'm not ready to throw away an 11 YEAR relationship over one bad apple. (my Dealer is trying very hard in Service to get things right and is sincere every step of the way.)

ANYWAYS, what color do you guys like better? the GREEN/BLACK or BLACK/SILVER?

anyone see a black/silver one yet?

~MT

Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hawkeye reviews?

the black and silver is the one my dealer has but i think its going to the wife...i really wish i could get the red in a 4x4 but the dealer said no way on a swap...

Quick Reply: Hawkeye reviews?