My Predator vs. several yamahas and hondas

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Predator vs. several yamahas and hondas

Originally posted by: counterpunch
Originally posted by: SandmanBlue
This is quite confusing to me. I can't quite understand how a pred with a stated 45 rwhp and weighing in at well over 400 lbs is going to be faster than a YFZ that weighs 50 - 60 lbs less and makes 3 - 4 more hp
If indeed the Predator makes 45 hp, then that is more than a YFZ. In fact, it is quite a bit more. I can't find the issue, but in a recent shootout in believe they dyno'd the '06 YFZ at 33 or 35 HP.
Ummm, try close to 50 hp with pipe, airbox, jetting and the cam mod - which is what most yfz owners do to their quad. Since his pred has similar pipe/airbox/jetting mods, it is a fair comparison. Then there still is a 65 lb weight difference.

See the dynos at http://www.gtthunder.com/YFZ450.html and specifically this one http://www.gtthunder.com/YfzDyno8.html

I just don't see how it is possible and I have not seen it in person either. My '04 Raptor with pipe/cam/jetting/airbox was supposed to only make about 48 hp, and I would get beat by my buddies yfz with above mods by about 1 quad length on Olds hill, yet I'd wax any pred I ran into. Unless this guy is talking about races where the other people a) don't know how to ride, b) blow the start or c) have their jetting fubar'd, then there's just no logical reason for his experience. I could definitely see how he could be racing people that don't know how to ride, I see that all the time. You get the wannabe's that won't hold WOT through the whoops at the base of the hills. If they can't even do that, then it's not a fiar race to begin with...

Funny thing about polenkis owners is that they like to start threads making claims about how fast their preds are. I don't see the same things nearly as often on the yamahondazukiwaki forums.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: predator311
First race was against a stock 660 raptor and well lets just say I beat him pretty bad. Next race was against a pretty heavily modded 660r. I can say he had full exhaust, intake, and jetted at the least. He also had 450r suspension and more. Me and him were pretty much neck and neck, I had him by about 1/2 a bike length. We raced two times same thing each time. Next race was against a piped only 2005 yamaha 450. I beat him by 3 lengths both times we raced. He had nothing to say about it. Next race was against a 2006 honda 450 with an hrc kit on it. He was bragging about how fast it was so I raced him too. I beat him the first time by like 5 lengths and then we did one more and I beat him by about 3 lengths. He was very shocked to see how fast the predator was. One of my last races was against the same 700r I had lost to when my bike had the hardrock intake mod. He has a full exhaust and k@n filter. Last time we raced he waxed me bad. This time we raced quite a few times and he beat me by about a 1 length each time. I was pretty stoked that my tuning had made such a difference. On a side note each race was on the street from a first gear roll. I had to roll into the gas in first and second because the front came up hard everytime. Needless to say I was very happy with the results of the races. I raced alot today and didnt even mention a few of my races. I only lost to one though!!!!!!!!!! All quads were fast and all gave me respect for my predator. The dude in the honda was really blown away, and said that he never knew the predator was that fast. I know everyone is gonna say it had to do with rider but like I said they were all on the pavement so no EXCUSES. Damn 700r was fast!!!!!!!
Dude not to be mean or anything, but I have smoked any Predator I have ever faced with my (stock) DS650X (you couldn't even call it a race) and I really find it hard to beleave you beat all the machines you have listed. JMHO. =]

Old 02-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DING DING DING we have a winner. The rider is key!! I have beat other bikes switched riders and beat my own bike. Then theres times mine is just plane faster. No matter what we are talking about 1-3HP between all players.

I will say my pred was a slug until I added few mods. I can see a stock Pred losing it's **** to any 450 stock. Pipe, jetting, filter and so on only levels the playing field. I do beleive the pred reacts better to those simple mods than the YFZ or 450 R. Between the to 450's the Yama seems to beat the Honda.

In a few month the new Suzuki will be out and the claims will start again this time between Yamaha, Honda, and suzuki.

If you do beat a competetor pat yourself on the back and find somebody else to play with. WE ALL enjoy riding and are proud of what we ride. This is something we all have in common.
I remember riding my new Worrior back when the were the kings and riding with someone with a honda 185s. It never mattered what we road as long as we could ride.

Shawn

Old 02-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey bro, I hate when other brands come on to the Polaris site and bash and brag about how they smoked or towed a Polaris, they look foolish. It's cool to let your fellow Polarisis know how you smoked other brands, but just makes you look foolish on other brands sites. By the way, I took an Arctic Cat 650 in the mud, had to pull him out. Although he did beat me in a drag race by about 3-5 quad lengths at about 100 yards. You won't see me bragging on the Arctic Cat forum. Just my opinion.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: redmtn
Hey bro, I hate when other brands come on to the Polaris site and bash and brag about how they smoked or towed a Polaris, they look foolish. It's cool to let your fellow Polarisis know how you smoked other brands, but just makes you look foolish on other brands sites. By the way, I took an Arctic Cat 650 in the mud, had to pull him out. Although he did beat me in a drag race by about 3-5 quad lengths at about 100 yards. You won't see me bragging on the Arctic Cat forum. Just my opinion.
I moved this from the Yamaha forum.

I was trying to make him look less foolish.

Im not sure if it worked or not.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Amen to that...as the saying goes "Act like you been there before".

Old 02-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

if you guys wanted to you could all argue for the rest of your lives and never have an "actual" winner.. i think its almost impossible..every day there is more stuff coming out for all sorts of different quads and every day the riders on them are getting better. you also have to take in comparison how many people own each type of quad.. lets say 100 people have yfz's 100 have raptors, and 5 have predators. of course the probability is kinda slim for the predators.

just some brain food.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

Exactly i agree... thats why moderators moved his post from the yamaha forum to polaris forum....to make him look less foolish.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: predator311
First race was against a stock 660 raptor and well lets just say I beat him pretty bad. Next race was against a pretty heavily modded 660r. I can say he had full exhaust, intake, and jetted at the least. He also had 450r suspension and more. Me and him were pretty much neck and neck, I had him by about 1/2 a bike length. We raced two times same thing each time. Next race was against a piped only 2005 yamaha 450. I beat him by 3 lengths both times we raced. He had nothing to say about it. Next race was against a 2006 honda 450 with an hrc kit on it. He was bragging about how fast it was so I raced him too. I beat him the first time by like 5 lengths and then we did one more and I beat him by about 3 lengths. He was very shocked to see how fast the predator was. One of my last races was against the same 700r I had lost to when my bike had the hardrock intake mod. He has a full exhaust and k@n filter. Last time we raced he waxed me bad. This time we raced quite a few times and he beat me by about a 1 length each time. I was pretty stoked that my tuning had made such a difference. On a side note each race was on the street from a first gear roll. I had to roll into the gas in first and second because the front came up hard everytime. Needless to say I was very happy with the results of the races. I raced alot today and didnt even mention a few of my races. I only lost to one though!!!!!!!!!! All quads were fast and all gave me respect for my predator. The dude in the honda was really blown away, and said that he never knew the predator was that fast. I know everyone is gonna say it had to do with rider but like I said they were all on the pavement so no EXCUSES. Damn 700r was fast!!!!!!!
Im not gonna call BS on your races as they could of actually turned out like that but I know for a fact if both riders know how to ride the outcomes would be diff. My friend has a 700r which is stock for now but he trades wins with the older model stock yfz450s thats how close it is. Loses to the 06' yfz's by 1-3 lengths. My other buddy took his 05' 450r with dg full exhaust, air and jetkit and beat it by about 6 lengths. All Im saying is a stock 06' yfz or trx will wax your pred and they are both faster than a stock 700r. Id be more than happy to show you what a waxing is in a couple weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

Did somebody comment on looking foolish. This whole thing is why Ricky Carmicheal is better than everyone else.

Here one, Saturday at Gordons Well I watched my friends 400EX beat a 450R. The Moron on the 450 needed a trailblazer 250 because he sure couldn't ride.

We should just cut this thread short because we are beating a dead horse. Next weekend lets get every 450 out there and pin then against every predator. The results will be spread. Get over it and lets go ride!!

Quick Reply: My Predator vs. several yamahas and hondas