Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ordering new X2. X2 owners inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering new X2. X2 owners inside.

Hello Lawdogb2, Merthinks thou hast a keeper for a wife. Lucky man. Jeff

Old 03-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys,
First time posting.

Ive had the X-2 for almost a month and noticed the seat rattle and the locking problem to. Fixed the rattle with a small piece of foam tape stuffed in where you cant see it. Works to far.
As for the locking problem, on my machine it was the spring the engages the locking bar. I took the seat apart and tightened it up (my wife thought i was nuts for taking a new bike apart) seems to have half fixed the problem. The seat engages better but still not positively enough to hold it. If i give it a good push it will disengage. This is good enough for me. Maybe if a fix comes out ill mess with it again, but for now im happy.
Installing a winch was....interesting to say the least. very very very easy mechanicaly.....finding the electrical (prewired) wires was a pain in the butt, but well worth doing yourself.......oh and just a friendly bit of information, depending on how your winch comes you may have to rotate the position of your electrical terminals in order to reinstall the vanity cover with the cool blue polaris synbol on it.

Hope this helps guy
hell of a site

Old 03-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Range Rover

firedog does your seat latch correctly in 1 up mode? I can still move mine back and forth. I might take it apart this weekend. Might mention it to the stealer as well.

Thanks for all of the information guys.

I really love my x2 so far. It rocks!!!

Old 03-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

My seat stays locked when in the 1 up position, unless you push forward on it.....maybe about 15lbs of force. Good enough for me, but i do wish it had better engagement.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Jlewis,

You're absolutely right and I know it! She is a special girl. I will share your post with her......or maybe I won't. It might go to her head.

Firedog908,

Thanks for posting up there buddy. I already have the winch, just waiting for the quad to get here. I already installed the winch on my 800. I'm hoping that it will go a little quicker on the X2.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

What winch are you guys putting on the X2? I bought a Warn 3.0 but was waiting for the multi mount to come out. I emailed Warn and the first time they said within the month. Then I emailed them this week and the guy said sorry for the confusion but there isn't one in the works for the X2. I was bummed so now I am going to have to mount the winch in front and get one for the rear later. He also said that the 2.5 would work for the X2 but I told him Polaris said it would. So I guess I am looking for someone that has installed a 3.0 on the X2 to let me know if it works or not.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Nemadjijim,

I have not mounted the winch but I am using the Kappers mount and the Warn 3.0XT when I get the X2. The front is the same as any Sportsman, thats what I have been told anyway. I didn't think to look when I had the chance.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

The front is the same as a sportsman. So whatever fits the sportsmans front, will fit the X2s front.
I installed a warn 2.5 with kappers install kit. I didnt realise that the X2 isnt only pre wired for a winch but also comes with a mounting plate already in it. All you need is the carrier that wraps around the winch, and bolts to the mounting plate.
If any one is interested, the polaris website has parts schematics you can see the whole front end torn apart. Helps you visualize whats under there before you go digging in.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer

I also went to the dealer yesterday to talk to them about the seat issue. He told me that mine is only the second that they sold, but the first guy also has issues with his. He told me that they had notified Pol. and they are working on a fix also. The great thing is that while I was there, the Pol. rep. called and I got to talk to him ... he confirmed that they were working on the fix. It made me feel good to know that they were no b.s.-ing me. Enough that I bought a couple things while I was in there ... lol.

On another note ... I had took the X2 out on Friday and ran it hard for about 4 hours in a mix of mud and some pretty heavy rock climbing, both with and without my wife on the back. It did awesome! I am so impressed! No issues at all, no overheating, no nothing. The chassis performed perfect, engine breaking was awesome ... everything right down the line was great! My wife even got some time in the driver's seat and loved it ... she even mentioned us possibly getting another one so she could ride our daughter and I could keep up with her ... haha ... she said "Your Raptor would never be able to handle half of the stuff we did today!" It was really great for her to enjoy it so much. Within a short amount of time she was handling it like a pro ... well, maybe not a "pro" ... but, intermediate at least ... lol. I am going to update my website with pictures as soon as I get my new computer up (damn missing hal.dll problem). Will update ya'll when they are up ....

Old 03-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: firedog908
The front is the same as a sportsman. So whatever fits the sportsmans front, will fit the X2s front.
I installed a warn 2.5 with kappers install kit. I didnt realise that the X2 isnt only pre wired for a winch but also comes with a mounting plate already in it. All you need is the carrier that wraps around the winch, and bolts to the mounting plate.
If any one is interested, the polaris website has parts schematics you can see the whole front end torn apart. Helps you visualize whats under there before you go digging in.
Awesome about the mount already there ... I am going to go look this afternoon ... woohooo ... bring on the winch!!!

Quick Reply: Ordering new X2. X2 owners inside.