Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ordering new X2. X2 owners inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering new X2. X2 owners inside.

Firedog, That item is on the Pure Polaris wesbsite. Here is the link.

http://www.purepolaris.com/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2875836(PolarisPGACatalog)&Depa rtment=ATV(PolarisPGACatalog)&Category=ATVAccessor ies(PolarisPGACatalog)&nPage=3&nSet=1

Old 03-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Cool, i guess it serves me right for looking at the parts list, and not at the accesories
thanks

Old 03-30-2006, 06:46 AM
Trailblazer

$5.95!! I didn't know you could buy anything for a quad that cheap. I might as well get one now before they end up raising the price ... heheh ... thanks for the info!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Pro Rider

what about the 4-wheel engine braking system,anybody got any updates on that issue and if so how does it work ??

Old 04-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

Hello wayout, My dealer told me the all wheel ebs should be released this summer. He is supposed to call me when it is available. I have no idea of the cost. I can not imagine how it works. The two wheel braking(rear only) is very good. I ride mostly in sandy conditions so I am unsure if all wheel ebs is better. Now when the trail is steeeep the rear wheels due tend to lockup and the back end drifts. I don't know if I want the front end drifting, too. Jeff

Old 04-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider

way out here, if you had 4-wheel ebs it would not do that, it would be like any other ATV in 4-wheel drive, thanks for the info. wayout out..............

Old 04-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Went to the dealer's tonight to pick up my bumpers and storage box. Dealer had to order my front rack extension. While I was there, the semi pulled in to deliver my wife's X2. We won't be able to go back to get it until Tuesday. Momma and I are both pretty excited. I went ahead and got a front bumper and ordered the front rack extension for her's as well. Her winch is sitting here all ready to go. As someone aptly stated here before, "I am hemorrhaging money." We should be pretty much set though. We won't have much left to put on them.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: firedog908
Hey guys,
First time posting.

Ive had the X-2 for almost a month and noticed the seat rattle and the locking problem to. Fixed the rattle with a small piece of foam tape stuffed in where you cant see it. Works to far.
As for the locking problem, on my machine it was the spring the engages the locking bar. I took the seat apart and tightened it up (my wife thought i was nuts for taking a new bike apart) seems to have half fixed the problem. The seat engages better but still not positively enough to hold it. If i give it a good push it will disengage. This is good enough for me. Maybe if a fix comes out ill mess with it again, but for now im happy.
Installing a winch was....interesting to say the least. very very very easy mechanicaly.....finding the electrical (prewired) wires was a pain in the butt, but well worth doing yourself.......oh and just a friendly bit of information, depending on how your winch comes you may have to rotate the position of your electrical terminals in order to reinstall the vanity cover with the cool blue polaris synbol on it.

Hope this helps guy
hell of a site
You wouldn't happen to have pics on where the wiring harness is located? I just was thinking that I wouldn't mind seeing where it is prior to pulling the plastics off and starting.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

SNEYPER, Go to the right front tire and there is a plate with 2 screws holding it to the frame. Take the 2 screws and it is on the other side of it. VERY EASY to install your self. I put a 3.0 on my X2 and also mounted the plur for remote operation.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

Sweet .. thank you very much ... just ordered the winch, so hopefully in a couple days it will be here ... now I need to look for more goodies. Has it been confirmed by others that the 500EFI and the X2 will except the same add-ons? I know that it was mentioned by someone up above, but I wanted to make sure that other people have confirmed it before ordering any other parts. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Ordering new X2. X2 owners inside.