Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Should I buy a Polaris?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a Polaris?

Thank you all for the comments and information. This is just the kind of stuff I wanted to hear, and Bob I agree that it does come down to a Culture issue. When ever I am researching something new that I know very little about, the most important thing to me is the source of information. I would trust a guy with a wrench in his hand when it come to what quad to buy long before believing a suedo yuppie with no dirt under his finder nails reading a magazine.

My next step is to call around and try to locate a dealer who will let me test drive a Scrambler. I really need to feel this thing for myself. I'll also keep reading this forum to keep up on the Polaris discussions.

I have been burned by way to many reviews telling me just how great or bad a product is only to find out that my personal experience is totally different.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

There are an american made so you will most likely get a better price on one. If there is one problem it's that there is no way around the fact that they are a heavy atv brand almost all are mostly the sportsmans are but there best used for mud/water crossinf/fast trail riding/excellent for the worker. Also there are many mods you can do to a polaris try a sportsman 500. Trust me you will noy be dissapointed.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

I've had several polaris scramblers and one xplorer but and I am seriously thinking about switching brands. I have never owned a new model so all that I have had have been used to some degree. Granted after some use there are things that wear out. My only problem with Polaris is that IN MY OPINION rear brakes are crapy, steering assembly is week, tie rod ends always wear out, A arm bushing fail way too often and the drive belt is prone to slipping (especially when riding in water) and it wears out once it starts slipping. I accept that things do wear out so I perform maintenance all the time trying to stay ahead of the problems, My biggest problem is that the same things have been problems for several years and Polaris doesn't seem to change. I like the features of the scrambler and if it didn't cost me so much to keep it solid I'd never switch.

My 2 Cents

Old 04-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long story short "NO"

Old 04-13-2006, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by: BioWare
Long story short "NO"
We like to hear details here.......so please elaborate........do you have first hand experience owning a Polaris???.......is there any basis for the "NO"???

Old 04-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

People talk alot of trash about polaris but they are pretty nice if you find the right one that fits you. Scrambler 400 is a sick quad. 2 stroke, 2/4 wheel drive and its pretty fast.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

No that doesnt make sense I havent heard of any polaris being junk maybe heavy and not to heavy for trails they get almost the highest rateings for trails explain that?

Old 04-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

I think Polaris has the MOST of everything. Yes I own 2 polaris and owned others in the past. They have the MOST standard features, usually cost the most money besides brp, have the most performance stock, the most weight, and require the most maintenance and break down the most. The most likely to have the most complaints and cost the most to fix and the most warranty claims that are denied. The most likely to win mag awards, spend the most money in advertising, watch this polaris is TOUGH, see the link?

Seriously though, I love polaris quads. THe best riding quad out. I just think they have quality control issues or use cheap parts where they shouldnt.