Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Done With ATV's... For a Long Time Anyways

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Done With ATV's... For a Long Time Anyways

Well, im sure most of you who spend time on this site have seen my posts. I am 18 yrs old from lower AL. MY ENTIRE LIFE i have ridden in an area within a mile of where i live. It was a friend of my parents. He never used the land for anything, so he encouraged us to ride on it. back then i was a little boy. My 2 older brothers had a '92 Honda 90. And our cousins had a '85 Yamaha 50. So off they went cutting trails, and finding creeks and swamps. Soon our cousins upgraded to a Suzuki 125. Then a Polaris 250 4x4, then a Polaris Xplorer 400 4x4 (loved that quad), then to a Grizzly 600, and finally they traded their '97 Grizzly 600, for 2 1998 Green Honda Foreman ES 450's ( i grew up on those quads & they still run fine ).. so anyway, my brothers still loved to ride, but we never had the excess money to spend on a new 4 wheeler. So finally in 2001 i talked my parents into helping me get a Rancher. Then in early 2003 i purchased an '04 Mossy Oak 500. It got stolen over the hurricane and i now got my 2004 Sportsman 700. SO thats just a little bit about me. I got interested in ATV's always riding on the back of my cousins new wheelers. And as soon as i got old enough, i've never lost interest in them. But today i went riding with my cousin and i noticed that someone had been going through our woods with a bushhog in alot of certain places. So after seeing alot of my favorite riding spots bushhoged down i wondered who did this?? So finally after me and my cousin explored all the new bushhoged trails, we were on our way home and seen a big new GMC 4x4 Truck driving out the exit of our woods. So i went up to him and asked him who he was, and if he knew what was happening to "my" woods. He said he and a friend were hired to completely wipeout all the "woods" for a guy who is going to build sub-divisions all out there. So apparently my parents friend sold this land to someone else, and now, all my childhood and everything i've bought and all the money i've put into ATV's is done for. Its so sad. if i wasnt playing sports, church, or out with friends, i was ALWAYS in those woods. I literally lived there. And now its all going to be destroyed. I knew it was coming. because its an attractive place right on the Highway. But still. My heart is literally almost broken. I guess ill sale my quad to pay for a new truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] since there is no point in me having one anymore if its just going to sit. Maybe when i get older and move out, and have another place to ride, ill get back into ATV's. I LOVE ATV'S SOOOOO MUCH. I know everything there is to know about them. What every manufactuer offers in each and everyone of their line-ups. The sizes of the machines, the features, EVERYTHING. Its going to be hard to give it up. I guess ill stay on the forums for advice, but this could be one of my last posts. I know it this doesnt concern anyone but me so thank you all for reading this. See ya.
----------------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
on ITP Type 5 Wheels
3000 lb. Warn Winch
3-Way Headlight Mod
High Lifter Lift Kit

2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak - STOLEN
2001 Honda Rancher ES 350

Old 04-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Man that sucks... I feel for you. My parents house there is this big field in back on it. THe owners farmed it out now they are placing 9 houses on it.. Sucks.

Around here the "germ colonies" I like to call them are popping up all over the place. I have lived here all my life. The explosion of people coming here to live is just sickening. Taking the housing market and blowing it thru the roof. It is just sad. What I paid for my house 5 years ago I could sell it now and pocket an easy $250,000. I hear you about the housing deal and the lost land.

Pretty soon all the riding areas will be shot to hell... We are lucky we can go about 15 miles north of where I am at and be in the woods riding. We can go 80 miles north and be in deep woods. We have alot of riding areas here. Thats the bonus of living up inthe Pacific Northwest..

Hang in there bud.. Dont sell the quad.. Buy a new truck to haul the quad to go riding.. If yo cant afford a new truck buy a beater with a heater and use that for your quad truck...

Good luck man.. Hang onto that Polaris!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

Get a truck and trailer then travel, not as convenient but you'll be riding. Do a search of your home state for public atv trails. support the sport don't give in.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its sad to hear off the build up of more housing over the limited riding area, but progress has its price i guess. but like dr said i would get a truck w/ ramps and haul it to a riding place b4 i would totally give it up. good luck.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

between April and September I have to travel 2and a half hours to ride! I do it twice a month, and i love it. dont give up, if you love it like i do, youll go were you have to to ride.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

follow some of this good advice n keep on ridin , also look fer atv clubs to join n your area [ or start one ] . good luck ...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

p. s. if you get a truck , there are still some good places ta ride over here n ga. , ifn ya cant find anything in bama .......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: v2rider
between April and September I have to travel 2and a half hours to ride! I do it twice a month, and i love it. dont give up, if you love it like i do, youll go were you have to to ride.
That sounds almost exactly like what I have to do to ride. I am from Texas originally and always had plenty of places to ride close by, lived in Arizona for a while where you could find public land to ride on all day long. Living here in DC (on military orders, not by choice) I have to travel a little over 100 miles to get to a public riding area. There are some closer trails, but they want an arm and a leg just to ride for one day. But don't give up on ATV riding, as soon as you do and sell all of your stuff, you'll wish you didn't.

Sorry to hear about all of the trees being cut down, I hate to see/hear about this kind of stuff. Last time I went to visit my folks, all the biggers cities on the way there had subdivisions and housing areas popping up everywhere. Now I know that I need to buy atleast 100 acres before everything gets bought up and house are built everywhere.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thankyou all for the replys. I have a truck already, but i've been wanting a new truck for a long time. I also have ramps as well, so i have considered hauling the atv to riding spots like most people do. By all means, i do not want to get 'rid of my ATV. As I said i love the sport so much. I am considering keeping my ATV and doing what you've all told me to do. Its just going to be so heartbreaking to go on my route to work/school every morning by the "woods" and see sub divisions all out there. im going out to the land today and film everything i can so i can remember how it was. But anyway, thanks for the replys.
----------------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
on ITP Type 5 Wheels
3000 lb. Warn Winch
3-Way Headlight Mod
High Lifter Lift Kit

2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak - STOLEN
2001 Honda Rancher ES 350

Old 04-23-2006, 03:04 PM

Time to get mobile boy. You probably damned near worn those woods out by now anyway. Go find some new places to ride......heck the exploring is half the fun.

Also......the sub-division may not be ALL bad. Maybe some smokin hot promiscuous chick will move in and take a "liking" to you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Done With ATV's... For a Long Time Anyways