ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Night Riding (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/242866-night-riding.html)

XShowtimeX 06-23-2006 10:00 PM

Night Riding

Just curious, who all rides the ATV trails at night??

BigALFX4 06-23-2006 10:37 PM

Night Riding

I used to ride at night all the time at a local atv park. Seems like theres more people riding there at night than there is during the day.

stendori 06-23-2006 10:51 PM

Night Riding

i dont because to many deer to hit and i hate the taste of the bugs in my mouth lol.

ckantz75 06-24-2006 12:10 AM

Night Riding

the bugs are a bonus free food

Instigater 06-24-2006 12:37 AM

Night Riding

I love to ride at night. Got a trip planned to Wayne National Forrest on July7, night riding. I wish it would get darker sooner in the summer just for this reason![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DDDonkey 06-24-2006 01:06 AM

Night Riding

I love to night ride, just have to go a little slower. Gets a little scary if you are alone sometime going down the back canal roads. The cops have found dead bodys down some of them, all illegal farm workers.

wreckedpreditor 06-24-2006 01:49 AM

Night Riding

I love riding at night. Where I ride here in oregon everyone is still out riding on the dunes well past 2pm it is a blast but it is also very dangerous because nighttime = Alcohol which is now a very good mix.

Chevelle454 06-24-2006 02:50 AM

Night Riding

about two years ago i was at our cabin and i went riding at about 1:00 am the day before the deer hunting opener. i was going around a corner going about 35 mph when 3 deer ran across the road. i was turning kinda sharp and i knew i was going too fast to turn out of the way and slam on the brakes because i would of slid sideways and flipped. i tried turning out of the way but i ended up hitting a medium size doe. i hit it in the back half of its body and it went spinning into the ditch. it almost got thrown over the handlebars but somehow stayed on the atv. i broke the front rack and one of the headlights and there was deer hair on the rack. when i got back to the cabin me and my uncle went back to where i hit the deer to see if we could get some free deer meat. but he wasn't there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

ubertrailblazer01 06-24-2006 03:03 AM

Night Riding

its fun to ride at night, especially when up in AK its light out until around 2am [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

winter is a whole 'nother story. riding at night in the winter is alright in itself. just make sure to wear the proper clothing (something more then a t-shirt and gloves if its less then 25F out). and give your quad 10-15 minutes to warm up before riding. oh...amost forgot, make sure your damn headlights work. riding 3 miles in the dark isnt really scary, it just feels wierd. (it wasnt intentional, i was over at friends, had it idling for 15 minutes, go to turn headlights on, dont work, tried hi-beams, low, on off, nothing)

just make sure to think about temperature drops.

liam51 06-24-2006 08:02 AM

Night Riding

I enjoy a nice spin through the blueberry barrens in the evening, especially during hot, humid nights. By the time I return, Ive cooled off and ready to have a hot toddy!!!