Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pretty cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pretty cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polaris All-Terrain Vehicle Debuts on History Channel?s ?Mail Call? Show

MINNEAPOLIS, December 14, 2006 ? Well known for its toughness and ease of entry into combat areas, Polaris Industries? Sportsman MV7 All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) model will be featured on an upcoming episode of the History Channel?s series, ?Mail Call.? The episode, ?Gunny Goes High Speed,? airing April 6th, 2007, will be a part of the eighth season of the show.

The Polaris MV models of ATVs ? most often used for military action because of their mission feasibility and dependability - will be reviewed by R. Lee Ermey, ?Mail Call? host, former Marine Staff Sergeant and actor who has appeared in numerous movies including ?Full Metal Jacket,? ?The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? and ?Seven.? On each episode of ?Mail Call,? Ermey answers viewers? e-mails about military history and technology. In the upcoming episode ?Gunny Goes High Speed,? Ermey will demonstrate the capabilities of the MV7 and discuss why its capabilities are valuable in combat.

The MV7 is part of a family of Polaris ATVs with U.S. Military modifications. ATVs very similar to the MV7 are supplied to the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) under Polaris? five-year contract with the military awarded in 2004.

?We?re proud of our military ATV capabilities and honored to have ?Mail Call? recognize Polaris? leadership role in developing versatile and reliable machines that can be used by both the military and recreational ATV riders,? said Dean Hedlund, Polaris Industries ATV development supervisor. ?Our appearance on ?Mail Call? will educate viewers on how a consumer product is helping our troops overseas function in very demanding terrains and climates and provide insight into technology the military depends on to keep them out of harm?s way.?

?The ?Mail Call? producers first became interested in the use of ATVs in military settings when we did a story on Air Force Pararescue Jumpers in Tallil, Iraq who air dropped an ATV behind enemy lines and used it to rescue a downed pilot,? said Keith Guinto, ?Mail Call? producer. ?After speaking with military personnel on the frontlines who hand pick products that will help them succeed in their missions, we learned that Polaris was included highly in their gear of choice.?

The MV7 has a steel reinforced rack and frame, a towing capacity of 1,500 lbs., dual tow hooks and winches, run flat tires, a receiver hitch and a heavy duty rear rack, frame-mounted ?D-Rings? for airlifting by helicopter ? all features that make it reliable and versatile for military use
Thought this was pretty cool. i keep researching other atvs, for i think my next just might not be a honda, sick of not having a locker!( It wouldnt be that hard to make one quad with a locker.)

Old 12-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default pretty cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good info thanks i'll try to remeber the date to watch.