Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!

The only time it sucked was when I got frustrated with it, but I would take a break and then be ready to get back to work. I just hope this solves the problem.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:01 PM

wel at leasts ur trannys clean nad u know what it looks like as far as shape......hope that works for you

Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

I was able to put a size smaller clip on the shaft. This one lasted for about 400 ft. before the sprocket fell off. Do I need to get a smaller clip still? Is there a reason why a Home Depot one wouldn't work? Is the sprocket wrong? It seems to fit just fine. Would there be any other reason why this would happen? I'm stumped again. Atleast I had 400 ft. of fun.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:41 PM

is ur chain to tight and maybe its putting to much of a strain on ur clips.....are they snaping or are they just poping off??? if they are just poping off take and grind the spot where it sets out a little bigger chances are that the clip has rounded it off and is popping off....if u have to make sure its pretty flat nad u may have to take and put to of clips on there instead of just one but make sure i have had to do that on a few of mi buddys sleds and wheelers when the secondary springs pops the clips off....havent had any trubble sence..........just make sure that u dont go down to far on the bar that holds the sproc on and make sure u go about the width of the c clip

Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

The clips aren't snapping or even coming off the shaft, they just come out of the groove where they are suppused to be. I still think that I don't have a small enough one yet. The next size down I will have to buy one of those c clip pliers. I probably should buy one anyway.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you dont by any chance have a bent or warped shaft that would cause it to run uneven?

Old 03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

I checked that too and it looks good to me. I was worried that the grooves where the shaft and the sprocket connect had worn out, but they seem to line up fine as well. The fact that I was able to go a lot longer with the smaller C clip leads me to needsing a smaller clip, but does the clip hold the sprocket in place or is it there jsut as a last effort to keep it there?

Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by: stendori
you dont by any chance have a bent or warped shaft that would cause it to run uneven?
now is the grove where the C clip sets rounded out on the end of the shaft at all cause this will cause it to pop off and yea i think that the Cclip holed it on there

Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

c clip ? a snap ring holds my front sprocket on .

Old 03-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

It is held on by a c clip or a "retainer ring". I'll check the groove.

Quick Reply: No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!