ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Visco-Lock (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/261402-visco-lock.html)

MooseHenden 03-06-2007 08:20 PM

Visco-Lock

Speed is great fun, but up here in New England traction is better. I wouldn't want a quad that doesn't engage when it should be. I've gone up lots of trails in the condition that trail was in without a problem. Other trails have featured loose dirt and foot high or better rocks. The AWD climbs over it all. It's just a matter of holding on. The trails in Claremont NH were really rough this past year due to severe flooding rains for most of the year. To see a trail rutted out as badly as the one in the video is common. We've done every trail and not gotten stuck, (yet).

caperinmuskoka 03-06-2007 09:37 PM

Visco-Lock

I hope you didn't post that on the CAN-AM forum !!!!!!!!!!!.........Your return mailbox would be full of replies!!!!!!!!!!!.........Caper.............

Toycrazy 03-06-2007 10:43 PM

Visco-Lock

WOW that was awsome I want one of those, NOT!!
Even with all the problems the Polaris diffs. are having there still a heck of a lot better than that, that was rediculous, like the guy filming said, that thing is dangerous.

SCRAMMYTODD 03-06-2007 11:32 PM

Visco-Lock

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
I hope you didn't post that on the CAN-AM forum !!!!!!!!!!!.........Your return mailbox would be full of replies!!!!!!!!!!!.........Caper.............
LMAO No but the first thing I did when I left work was go to my bud's place with one of the 800 Bombs and showed him, He thinks if you stay on the throttle that it stays engaged, but the next vid we watched was a Bomb 800 climbing a sand hill and you can clearly see that one tire will speed up and then the other side will speed up, back and forth. So we're going riding this weekend and he wants me to ride his, and he'll watch. I'm sure he'll see that the Polaris is far superior LOL

Instigater 03-07-2007 01:05 AM

Visco-Lock

Originally posted by: v2rider
I like my manual locker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah, but it still isn't as good as an Eiger!

Bradracer18 03-07-2007 01:12 AM

Visco-Lock

Notice all of the sportsmans at the top too....haha......

No, but I've got to say this. We've had sportsmans for a long time now(just had a 700). Well, instead of getting the 800, dad got a new 700 grizzly. I've got to say, its by far better. Much more snappy power, speed,etc. It walked all over the other 700's and 800's(polaris) that we rode with this weekend. I was very suprised....and it isn't even broken in yet. Sorry to say, but I think polaris needs to step up.

Have any of you ridden one of these yet? It also has "power steering". Pretty nice setup. Only thing I don't like, is its a bit more unstable...but we put wider tires and wheels on it, so it's pretty much fixed. The power is just so different......I love it......

Instigater 03-07-2007 07:35 AM

Visco-Lock

I have ridden one, FITSofRAGE has one. It is unstable. I would consider one, but I still like the bruteness of a utility, versus their sport/utility. I feel like I am on an over weight sport quad while on the Grizz!

stendori 03-07-2007 07:41 AM

Visco-Lock

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
Notice all of the sportsmans at the top too....haha......

No, but I've got to say this. We've had sportsmans for a long time now(just had a 700). Well, instead of getting the 800, dad got a new 700 grizzly. I've got to say, its by far better. Much more snappy power, speed,etc. It walked all over the other 700's and 800's(polaris) that we rode with this weekend. I was very suprised....and it isn't even broken in yet. Sorry to say, but I think polaris needs to step up.

Have any of you ridden one of these yet? It also has "power steering". Pretty nice setup. Only thing I don't like, is its a bit more unstable...but we put wider tires and wheels on it, so it's pretty much fixed. The power is just so different......I love it......
so in other words to make this a safe stable bike you need wider tires and rims. hhmmm yea sounds like its better lol. j/k i heard these bikes have alot of power. i would be leary of powersteering thinking it wouldnt hold up under mud contions but time will tell. but the one thing the sportsmans have (big advantage) is the true awd. everytime we went out w/ the other brands and watch them in the mud w/ their 3 wheel drive or trying to work back in forth while holding the locker levers isnt easy.

Bradracer18 03-07-2007 09:37 AM

Visco-Lock

I'm pretty positive our's has true awd....but not real sure I guess. I know it has a diff lock too.

Its just different I guess......sick of the polaris world. I think our last 700 was a lemon, and that just turned our heads....it never started, no power, slow,etc.....gets old, especially when you take good care of it too.

rdeeno 03-07-2007 02:26 PM

Visco-Lock

While I was on yourtube, I watch several Can-Am videos. All the ones I saw that where in the mud sure looks like the rear wants to outrun the front (darting from side to side). I liked the one where one Can-Am ended up backing out of a mud hole and a Rincon with three wheel drive went right thru it.