Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME

HEY GUYS IM NEW HERE BUT I BEEN READING ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THE HAWKEYE'S REAR SUB FRAME BREAKING. MY GIRL HAS A EARLY 06 AND LOVES IT BUT THE PROBLEMS ARE MAJOR.
LAST YEAR GOING UP A HILL IT BOGGED AND SHE COULD'NT MAKE IT UP "A LITTLE DANGERIOUS" DEALER REJETTED PER POLARIS RECALL.. NOW RIDING LAST WEEKEND ON FLAT TRAILS SHE NOTICED HER WHEEL PITCHED OUT ,SO WE CHECKED IT OUT AND WOW!! REAR A-ARM BROKE RIGHT OFF THE FRAME ASSM,AND ALSO PULLED THE AXLE OUT !! SO OFF TO DEALER WE GO..

WELL THE DEALER JUMPED RIGHT ON IT AND OFCOURSE THEY NEVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM,ANYWAY THEY SAID THEY WILL CONTACT POLARIS AND SEE IF THERS ANY RECALLS OR ISSUES THEY KNOW ABOUT. WELL POLARIS IS AWARE OF THE EARLIER MODEL WITH THIS PROBLEM AND ARE SHIPPING OUT ALL THE PARTS REAR FRAME AND A NEW AXLE ALL COVERED THE ONLY THING IS I MUST PAY FOR 1.5 HOURS LABOR @$60.00 BUCKS AN HR.. SO IM PREETY HAPPY ON THIS OUTCOME THE HAWKEYE IS A LITTLE OVER A YEAR OLD AND IS RIDDEN ABOUT A 100 MILES MONTH, SO I WAS VERY SCARED ABOUT THIS DUE TOO I WAS READING SOME EARLIER POST ABOUT THIS AND SEEN SOME NOT SO GOOD OUT COMES ON POLARIS BEHAVE
REGUARDING THIS SAME ISSUE, SO MAYBE NOW THEY WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT BEFORE SOMEBODY GETS HURT OR KILLED !!!!!! COME ON POLARIS STEP IT UP WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR !!!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like to me they are fixing the ones that have the damage.........So no one is left out in the dark with there quad........By the way ...Welcome.......Your CAPS LOC was on ..VERY HARD TO READ!!!!!!..plus it is a no-no on the rules...........Keep us posted...........Caper...............

Old 09-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Gotdirt500
I just had my rear A-Frame crack on both right and left wheels. It was the front lower mounts to the subframe that cracked. My Hawkeye has 700 miles and was out of warentee and I expected the worst but my dealer contacted Polaris and they will fix it on their dollar.
You mentioned that yours was replaced and it was a stronger version. Is this correct?
Anyway keep this going because I suspect others have the same issues.

Iggy in Arizona.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i hope for 08' modles w/ the 455 in it they have beefed up these arms.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Iggy,

out of warentee ?? here in europe we have 2 year is that not the same in the US
so most of the hawkeye's should be within warentee mine broke down after 2500 km[img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]
next thursday i get my new frame [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Range Rover

my sons rear left broke today.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

I guess we know where you will be tomorrow.
Is it under warrentee?
Where are you located?

Iggy

Old 09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer

All you guys that are having failures need to go here (UNITED STATES CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION) and report it!!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Velocibiker
I just filled out the on-line form. Real easy and the only information I needed was the model and serial number.

After hearing about so many folks with the rear subraframe failure I decided to contact the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and fill out the on-line form. I feel that this is a major safety issue and we need to let them know about it.
If you had or have this rear subframe failure that holds your rear A-frame I hope you will fill out the form.

Here is the link to the form.
On-Line Form. Real Easy

Thanks

Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Iggy,
Thank you for the link, as I have saved it for if and when mine breaks. I would hope they have a recall prior.

Phil

Quick Reply: HAWKEYE A-ARM BROKE OFF REAR SUB FRAME