Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

If i go in any water it die's what can i do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If i go in any water it die's what can i do?

Hi i have a 1998 polaris trail boss 250 2x4 and if i go in any water it die's. It suck's water in the carb and die's. The water was not even that deep and if i hit it slow it's ok but if i hit it fast it die's and if i go in the deep stuff it die's. is there anything i can do? PLEASE i am going to some atv park with my sis next weekend (knock on wood) so i NEED some advice any thing will help im desperate.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Does your air box have the snorkle that goes up under the gas tank plastic, there should be a sock on the end of the snorkle. You should be able to get to the seat in water, if not the air box and snorkle arent sealed properly.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know i dont think so but i will have to check. my sis has it right now so i have to call and see.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

no it does not have a snorkle it has a box, air silencer thay r on my 4W'r my mom's and my dad's it's stock on the polaris atv's but i have a parts manual and it show's a foam part on the end of the silencer that is not on my'n so i am going to get one and some new foam seal's and see if it help's. but if you can think of any thing that will help please let me know.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Don't go in the water... that was simple.
Obviously as you say it is getting water in the carb - now you need only to find a way to stop that. Silicone gel, duck tape what have you - maybe there is a crack in your air box that needs to be fixed....

Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer

how much do you think it will be to take it in and have it looked at from front to back just have them check every think.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

A dealer will charge at least $50 to look it over... then perhaps tell you about all the parts you "need" that will mound to several hundred dollars... so be careful.. unless you have a personal relationship with the dealer, they will try replacing everything for you.

I suggest getting an old spray bottle (409, windex, anything with a trigger pump) and filling it with soapy water. Spray this on the intake tract all the way from the airbox to the carb while the machine is dry. If you see bubbles blowing out somewhere, then that is the source of your "leak." It could be just as simple as the airbox seal. How deep are you going?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

Im not going to deep ther was only 1 spot that came over the tire's but that was it the rest was 6-10in deep.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

get a boat rusenshi.....i bet you were waiting for some idiot to make a lame comment like that.. lol hope you get your water in carb figyred out........hey is your sster cute? married?

Old 07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

hey oink i got a cute single sister i will trade you for the 800...lol...

Quick Reply: If i go in any water it die's what can i do?