Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

48 "snowblower/w 13 h.p motor for ATV....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 48 "snowblower/w 13 h.p motor for ATV....

Anybody have one of these snowblower for the front of the Quad?
I was wanting to get some feedback on there performance and hear from someone that has one first hand!! They are listed here in Ontario,Canada for app. $2200.00 Canadian with the 13 H.P motor that drives the blower..........Thanks............Caper,,,,....... .

Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 48

no feed back from me but i saw one at the dealer tonight and they look like they would be awsome..you buy it first .

Old 12-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Default 48

I am waiting for my 10 H.P 30 inch cut walk behind to fail.....................So I can tell the wife I need a new snowblower................Maybe I will look for the big rock in the yard,coverd with snow!!!....LOL....LOL.................that's the way I will be going next!!..........A new 10-12 H.P walk-behind will cost you anwhere from $1400.00 Can. Funds and up for a half decent one anyway........So what's a little more money!!!...LOL...............Caper............

Old 12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default 48

A guy I work with was looking at one, maybe the same one. It was the same price and had a Honda replica engine. He showed me a video of it and it was throwing snow a LONG ways away.

If you want to get rid of your walk-behind, "FIND" your daughters bike in the snow. It's a win-win situation. You get a new blower and she gets a new bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default 48

Great one, Scrammy!!! The dog's tie-out cable works wonders as well. LOL!!

Caper, the only thing I wonder about with one of these is how slow you have to travel when blowing deep snow. Seems that even in L range, if you had to go 3 mph or less, you might have belt/clutch issues.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default 48

Caper........... I find that painting a large rock white and calling it a lawn or garden ornament works wonder on a blower!

I was looking at buying one of these ATV blowers myself- going for $2,200-$2,400 US depending on motor size. I have to agree with Sheepdog about the speed you would need to go. Also keep in mind the weight of the thing and how it might affect your suspension in the future. The one at the Polaris dealer ride on two large wheels when lifted. Pretty good indication on how heavy these things are.

Good thread... I hope to hear what others have to say on performance.

~C

Old 12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default 48

I've seen a couple here in New-Brunswick Canada,they seemed to work alright and we get our fair share of snow here. But the majority of people have plows.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Default 48

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SCRAMMYTODD

A guy I work with was looking at one, maybe the same one. It was the same price and had a Honda replica engine. He showed me a video of it and it was throwing snow a LONG ways away.

If you want to get rid of your walk-behind, "FIND" your daughters bike in the snow. It's a win-win situation. You get a new blower and she gets a new bike [img][/img]</end quote></div>

When you say "BIKE"............I hope you mean the peddle bike...and not the $1800.00 Quad!!!.....LOL....LOL.......Caper.............

Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default 48

LOL No I meant the pedal-bike. A buddy of mine has a BIG blower on the back of his tractor and he "found" an old 750cc Honda streetbike in the snow. It sheared all the pins off the blower but not before it ate the rear tire and frame of the bike all the way up to the seat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That was a mess for sure.

Kinda off topic, but it looks like there will be too much snow for us to hook up for another New Years Eve day ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was out there 3 weeks ago or so and I was walking in the ice on the lake where those guys were ice fishing. I was hanging on to the dock to be safe, but it held then so I would imagine it would be pretty safe now. But I need my bike back first [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Default 48

WOW....That was new Year eve last year!!!..........What a differance a year makes!!!
Just remember Mattawa Fall ride next year!!!............If your allowed!!!........LOL...Caper........

Quick Reply: 48 "snowblower/w 13 h.p motor for ATV....