Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Be Honest!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be Honest!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jsl55
I didn't abuse it at all. The Polaris dealer in Auburn, CA did give me a new one for free (I did labor) after he called the factory. ...</end quote></div>

That's pretty good. They have to be the worst dealer (now called OTD) that I have ever been to.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Be Honest!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: oldsmoboat

I didn't abuse it at all. The Polaris dealer in Auburn, CA did give me a new one for free (I did labor) after he called the factory. ...</end quote></div>

That's pretty good. They have to be the worst dealer (now called OTD) that I have ever been to.</end quote></div>

OTD sounds like a medical problem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The topic was Be Honest! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Be Honest!

The quote looks confusing. I got a new BELT for free, NOT a new ATV. Actually, I think that they claimed that the belts have a lifetime warranty, but I'm not positive about that. I was on vacation around Grass Valley and went to the Auburn dealer. I bought it in Bakersfield. I'm still undecided about the local dealer here, but I know some people around here can't stand them and will travel to Fresno or LA instead of dealing with them.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Be Honest!

No confusion here. Wow that must suck for you guys who have bad dealers. I walk into the garage or the showroom and eveyone's like, "Hi Frank. How are you doing?" I walk past the parts counter and it's the same thing. They ask what I need and how they can help me. They seem to be genuinely interested and not just blowing smoke up my @$$ or trying to sell me something. If I tell them I'm just looking they say, "Okay. Let me know if I can help you with anything." which I thought most dealers did anyway. If I had a bad dealer and bought a lemon, I'd switch dealers and maybe switch brands too.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Be Honest!

The quote looks confusing. I got a new BELT for free, NOT a new ATV. Actually, I think that they claimed that the belts have a lifetime warranty, but I'm not positive about that. I was on vacation around Grass Valley and went to the Auburn dealer. I bought it in Bakersfield. I'm still undecided about the local dealer here, but I know some people around here can't stand them and will travel to Fresno or LA instead of dealing with them.</end quote></div>

I live in Grass Valley and OTD is the closest dealer.
Before they were bought by OTD, I wanted a heelclicker installed in my atv. They told my wife they could do it and she bought me a gift certificate for $300 to have it done for my birthday.
When it came time to do it they said that they couldn't do it. I asked for my money back and they said no, I had to use the certificate there. I ended up with $300 of stuff I didn't need.
When OTD bought them, I figured I'd give them a try. I took one of out atvs in for a recall and a broken enrichening circuit cable. They preformed some work I didn't authorize and wouldn't credit me for the work. I paid and took the number for a consumer complaint off a poster in their shop. It was for the Bureau of Automotive Repair. I filed a complaint and got a letter back saying that they don't regulate those types of shops.
From now on I'll do everything myself or take it to Colusa.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Be Honest!

Not crazy about my dealer, but love my Polaris!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Be Honest!

4 polaris atvs bought in past 9 years. I've had this one since it was new off the showroom and only problems I've fixed on it was rear bearings, (oversized tires and 1.5" wheel spacers don't help w/ lots of mud), one belt after 1500 miles, (been dunked under mud and water a few times), and a starter in the past month. The brushes in it were sticking. To spend 200-250 over 4-5 years I don't think that's bad considering that I really abuse my atv everytime I ride it. Rarely does it not get abused.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default Be Honest!

had a 400 explorer, gave it to my son and bought a 700 sportsman