Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

850XP Guys and Gals - Cargo Bag Suggestions

Old 01-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850XP Guys and Gals - Cargo Bag Suggestions

OK. In an attempt to determine what cargo bags I want to purchase, I thought I would ask for advise from you that are running front and/or rear cargo bags. I have looked into the following:

OGIO
Moose
Kolpin

What are your experiences, suggestions, installation, fitment, versatility, durability, and pics if possible?

I have noticed that certain front bags will hide the handlebar front light. I'm not sure that is much of a concern, since most of our riding is during daylight.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer

From what I've seen I think I'm going to get the Ogio. I'd also be interested in seeing what else is good.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Polaris boxes. Easy on and off. BTW the rear box for the older Sportsmans fit on the XP. I have seen them for sale for only about $100. I also purchased a rear box seat for my 4 yr old and installed the lock and ride mounts for it.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MrThor
I like the Polaris boxes. Easy on and off. BTW the rear box for the older Sportsmans fit on the XP. I have seen them for sale for only about $100. I also purchased a rear box seat for my 4 yr old and installed the lock and ride mounts for it.

MrThor. Are your wheels painted or powdercoated?

Old 01-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Painted with DupliColor truck bed liner spray. Very strong and easy touch up if ever needed. (But I never had too). I have received so may compliments on the black wheels. Even from my buddy who owns a body shop.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer

What kind of prep did you do before you painted the wheels? They look good. Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks! I did some light sanding, cleaning, and primed it. I only painted the front areas. Everything behind the spokes is still the aluminum color. I taped up the back of the wheel to give it a 2 tone look.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just pick this bag up built very well great price and has everything i wanted
850XP Guys and Gals - Cargo Bag Suggestions-dscn2169.jpg

850XP Guys and Gals - Cargo Bag Suggestions-dscn2170.jpg

Old 01-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

OK I made the first bag purchase today. $60.00 for a slightly used OGIO rear ATV bag. It was dirty, but that was taken care of when I got home. Cleaned it up with some water and dish soap. Looks new. No tears or snags. This bag is heavy duty and has tons of room.

Here's the best part. Inside the bag was a hunting knife, bungee cords, and a handheld Garmin GPS. I did e-mail the guy and advised that I found the items. I felt that was the right thing to do.

No pics yet as I just got home and haven't looked at mounting. It looks like I will have to have the better half sew on some Velcro extensions.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Check out this place. I have purchased several bags from here and the quality is EXCELLENT. The coolers keep beer cold all day in Texas heat.

ATV Accessories, Tamarack Atv Boxes , ATV Bags, Atv Stuff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 850XP Guys and Gals - Cargo Bag Suggestions