Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Slime Air Compressor.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slime Air Compressor.....

Just picked one of these up today at Tractor Supply.......Anyone have one of these? Are they any good? I figured it wood be nice to carry out in the woods.....

John

Old 04-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Slime makes several models. Did you get the slim one ? I have the larger one which works real well, my friend has the real small unit which also works great, just make sure you give it a rest because they can get hot. Slime makes quality products, I'm sure you'll be happy.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

reno.....
I got the one that has a built in led light....It says it's for auto, mid-size suv...It goes up to 300psi...

John

Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked at these and thought about buying one myself. They looked pretty nice with the case and bottle of slime that comes with it. I picked up a cheap one (not Slime brand) from Wally World for like 12 bucks and it's worked everytime I used it. I figure once it breaks I'll get a Slime one.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I had a cactus thorn jump out at me and stick my front tire, losing air fast. Stuck in a plug, hooked the slime pump up for about 4 seconds and I was on my way. That was when my buddy decided he needed one too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I have the compressor too, nice product, have used mine to pre-air my tires before
my ATV outings. I used her also, on a slow leak and then a tire puncture from sharp
rock one time. I had to plug that one.

As for the green SLIME liquid, it has never seem to help me. I carry anyways for
those what IFs but does everyone else use the SLIME or Fix-a-flat for tire slow leaks
and what not?

Some run their tires with slime all the time, I see alot of conflicting opinions about that
too, and have struggled if I need to do that or not, for the hardpack with gravel and
rock riding I do several times a spring-thru-fall seasons.

Regards,

R'

Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I slimed all my tires when I bought my Predator. Did them per the instructions on the bottle you have to put a good bit in. I think a lot of people dont want to buy so much and the try to skimp a bit. I never had a flat yet and I ride in some nasty rocky stuff with it. You can spin my tire around and actually see where the slime came out and sealed the puncture. I believe in the stuff!!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Rowe,

What is the PSI for your tires, do you follow the Tire recommendations or overfill them?
Some SPORTY quad guy running with a Yamaha Raptor recommended to put them in
all tires but to overfill the tires like several more PSI then recommended. He swears
by this technique for PUNCTURE resistance on Rock and hard pack.

However, I created a thread a while back and most forum users on here smashed that
IDEA and said you need more deflation then inflation to increase a larger footprint over
ROCK. What is your and everyone on this thread take?

R'

Old 04-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i bought the wal mart special myself and it works good. i still have one of my pxt tires leaking a little where i drove a rail road spike into it and ahad a friend put a core stem patch in so it helps alot to have the little air pack for sure.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

I have used liquid slime on all of my quads it will stop all slow leaks and prevent and seal allot of punctures.I use about 16 oz per tire little more then they reccomend and i put it in inflate and run it down the road for about 15 min.Never had a problem with it.

Quick Reply: Slime Air Compressor.....