Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hawkeye K&N filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hawkeye K&N filter

A huge amount of '06 Hawkeyes had a problematic rich condition straight from the factory. The fix was to install a smaller main jet and drill holes in the airbox. Instead of doing that, I just installed a K&N, which leaned it out just perfectly.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:15 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Rickeyparker

Well mongrol the K&n Filter did help a little, But the most performance i got was out of the triangular multi hi energy plugs that are "top secret" Plus the Tornadic multi induced forced Induction system that I made myself on my Multi-specific painted green workbench really makes that hawkeye bend the bars with the brutal acceleration it produces, my tread pattern on the tires were ground to a small nub after my Speed test, The wheelies were incredibly awesome to the point of sinical laughter and night sweats of my sureal dreams of thrashing kawasaki brute forces and grizzly 660s and in the sand it shot rooster tails 50 feet high where even the sand rails parked and enjoyed the show i put on, The reddest of rednecks and the finest of sunbathing women came to my truck and wanted a picture with Me and my Creation. I swear thats the truth and Im sticking to it.</end quote></div>

And dem's da facs, Jack! What it is!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Rite awn Gee, I finna go up in it and ride !!!!

Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

well sheepdog, i hope that will help mine because it seems to be running a little rich. and rickeyparker, can i get some links of those upgrades that you were talking about with the plugs and all?

thanks for all the help guys!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

any help guys? lol

Old 05-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Old 05-19-2008, 06:25 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Hawkman, RickeyP & I were just messin' with each other.

As far as getting more power from the Hawkeye without getting into the engine, its just not going to happen. Doesn't matter how much you want it to be, it won't.

Its like taking a homely fat chick to the spa. You can spend big $$ and wish that she was something else, but when the smoke clears, you've still got a fat homely chick and you're broke.

Enjoy what you have while you can and save your $$ for something thats faster.

Good luck to ya.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

k, thats wat i thot, lol. but i was riding the atv yesterday in 85-90*F and it just shut off instantly a couple times. is this from overheating? and since im gonna be getting the K&N air filter and it will run even hotter probably, would it be a good idea to get a temp gauge, or is it OK to just let it cool down for 5-10 mins whenever it shuts itself off?
thanks for the help again guys.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:31 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Not sure why it would shut off other than the fuel may be vapourizing at the fuel pump. If you got to the new filter, it will probably lean it out a bit whici will mean a hotter temp. The temp guage will only help if you pay attention to what it is telling you.

Check the manual, cause I think you're near the max outside air temp for the machine.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

ya, i know that is why im worried about it. im here in central florida and it gets up to 100*F in the summer. is there any way to prevent it from overheating other than letting it cool every once in awhile? and what is the worst thing that could happen from overheating? would the sportsman 400 overheat in 100*F since it has a radiator?

and no i have not gotten the air filter yet.

Quick Reply: hawkeye K&N filter