ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Polaris for 2009. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/290353-polaris-2009-a.html)

Hotdogmb 05-20-2008 07:43 PM

Polaris for 2009.

Heard from a good source that Polaris will have a 850cc and a 550cc sportsman in 09 with the motor mounted sidways like a honda and the RZR. They also lost a few pounds too. Suspension is more like the RZR as well.

sportsman rocks 05-20-2008 10:09 PM

Polaris for 2009.

good..good..good!! about time, hoping for the best. any buddy els have some info?

user493 05-21-2008 01:10 AM

Polaris for 2009.

I talked to my dealer yesterday and he said the '09s will be out in a few months but didn't say anything else. I'm waiting to see what's new.

sportsman rocks 05-21-2008 08:36 AM

Polaris for 2009.

bump, keep this topic going.

Kuvie 05-21-2008 09:02 AM

Polaris for 2009.

Did they say anything about Polaris coming out w/something to compete against the Can-Am Renegade?

Kuvie 05-27-2008 12:22 AM

Polaris for 2009.

I was looking on the CARB website today and there was a bunch of 09 Polaris stuff on there looked like the same line-up as 08', except no 700 X2. I know this doesn't mean anything, nobody puts their real new stuff on there until after the release anyway.

Elbongo 05-27-2008 12:48 AM

Polaris for 2009.

I hate to sound negative, but I have heard too many times that polaris' lineup is losing weight. I will believe it when I see it. Does everyone remember all the significant changes that were supposed to happen for the 05 models? Where is the double A-arm front suspension? Polaris should put more emphasis on handling as opposed to adding more ccs and calling it a day.

sportsman rocks 06-08-2008 09:33 PM

Polaris for 2009.

bump, any buddy have some more info on this topic? July 23-25 is the dealer show in las vagues.

stendori 06-08-2008 09:49 PM

Polaris for 2009.

polaris is pretty good about keeping secerts. i hope they dont come out w/ the 850 or ill have to trade again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

jokout 06-08-2008 10:39 PM

Polaris for 2009.

One thing I think we can be fairly sure of, Polaris is going to bring to market a product line that will make them $$$$! That is the bottom line!
Right now the line they have is doing quite well in a fairly poor economic environment and for the most part is gaining market share, so is it realistic to imagine that they will change direction completely?
I would bet that adding cc is a fairly safe and conservative move for them right now in the ATV line with most of their R&D dollar going to the SxS market that is growing rapidly, more profitable and a big part of their market share growth!

user493 06-08-2008 10:44 PM

Polaris for 2009.

Whatever they do, I think we should see more new stuff in ATVs/UTVs than in snomobiles, since quads are now the majority of the business. But I'm not waiting until fall to find out before I buy one.

hddoperator 06-08-2008 10:54 PM

Polaris for 2009.

I know that there is always room for improvement but I think the Polaris has good handling. I've rode other brands that didn't seem to handle as well.

jokout 06-08-2008 11:14 PM

Polaris for 2009.

Their handling and ride have been their stock in trade for nearly a decade now and along with the toughest ATV slogan that they push constantly I don't see any big changes that would affect those characteristics, if it ain't busted don't fix it! The weight and front struts have been a part of this successful combo all along and I would think that the strongest frame in the business would have no problem handling the extra CCs...Personally, I think it is a bit foolish to be going constantly bigger, engine wise, but what do I know! Bigger sells!

user493 06-08-2008 11:43 PM

Polaris for 2009.

Bigger certainly does sell, no matter how stupid it may be. Like the AC ThunderCat, a 950 that can tow 175 pounds less than a Sportsman 500 with about half the engine. It should have been built to pull at least a ton. When the 800s came out I told my friends it wouldn't be long until the 900s and 1000s came out too. I was right. I wouldn't be surprised if they skip over 1100s altogether and come out with 1200s and 1300s, then a few years later 1500s, 1800s and 2000s.

All we need is an ATV with four jumbo jet engines on it and then we'll finally have enough power. It's out of control, like the nuclear arms race where we didn't stop until we could kill everyone in the whole world 20 times. The Russians have a bomb equal to <u>100 billion</u> pounds of TNT. 100,000,000,000 pounds! They finally decided that was big enough. I wonder when the horsepower race will end.

jokout 06-08-2008 11:59 PM

Polaris for 2009.

as long as they sell they will build them bigger!

user493 06-09-2008 12:04 AM

Polaris for 2009.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jokout

as long as they sell they will build them bigger!</end quote></div>

Yep. And as long as they build them bigger someone will buy them. I'm glad I'm not one of those guys who has to prove something by having the biggest toy on the block.

stendori 06-09-2008 07:24 AM

Polaris for 2009.

that must mean i am one of those guys lol. i plan on keeping this one at least 2 years so i dont loose my shirt on it. they can make what they have right go better if they really want to but like what was said is there selling fairly well sop why rock the sales boat too much.

user493 06-10-2008 04:11 AM

Polaris for 2009.

They have a cash cow and will milk it for all it's worth.
After that we'll see something new and different.

fordpolaris800 06-10-2008 08:24 AM

Polaris for 2009.

i dont think Polaris should go bigger, even though there is no replacement for displacement... i think they should mess around in the artificial asperation area... maybe a turbo 800... i would love nothing more than to see one of their Liberty snowmobile engines grace the chassis of an ATV!!!!

Kuvie 06-10-2008 01:58 PM

Polaris for 2009.

Here's my 09' wishlist:

New Sport/Ute quad

800-850cc 75-80hp

AWD Outlaw IRS derived frame and chassis

525-550 lbs dry

minimal rear rack, no front rack

receiver hitch

Sportsman 800 PVT tranny

Split front and rear brakes

center-mounted dual exhaust

25" tires

I'm gonna get alot for this, but plastic along the lines of a Phoenix 200. (I think it's a sharp lookin' quad, just way too small).

That's it. Let me know what you think.

MaineWheeler 06-10-2008 02:03 PM

Polaris for 2009.

just a bump, with my .2 worth--For all the good points my Polaris ATV has their snowmobiles lack. After last years winter and future predictions I think Polaris is more wound up in R&D on their sled line-up then ATV, at one time Poo sleds were the benchmark and they lost it. They have the market with the ATV's but their sales are lagging greatly in the sled dept. and need to catch up with the pack to satisfy stock holders so I think that we will see more change there(sleds) then in ATV R&D.--jmo

fordpolaris800 06-10-2008 07:21 PM

Polaris for 2009.

maine, you might be right.. they dropped their big bore sled a few years back, about the same time that the 700 and 800 efi was probably being developed. i hope whatever Polaris decides to build helps them out as a company. Minnesota power!!!!

upnort 06-10-2008 09:59 PM

Polaris for 2009.

All my dealer could tell me is that they have a new shipping crate that his driver had to try out in his rig. Could be sportish or rangerish or sportsmanish orrrrr

caperinmuskoka 06-10-2008 10:40 PM

Polaris for 2009.

Polaris should and will do something this year to GET INTO the fast sport ute. market ....like Cam-Am is doing ..........What do you think?

As for Stendori holding on to his NEW 800 for two years!!

NO...NEVER....Fat Chance............Not if there is a 850 listed........He will be down to the dealer so quick with a deposit (CASH) just to hold one(special paint) for next Spring!!...LOL...LOL.....J/K. buddy........Or am I .....Hummmmmm

fordpolaris800 06-11-2008 04:16 AM

Polaris for 2009.

ill be at the dealer if Polaris comes out with a new sport ute bigger than mine!!!! i would love to see them bring on the heat to Can Am with a Sportsman based quad.

Kuvie 06-11-2008 08:51 AM

Polaris for 2009.

FordPolaris800, how do you like the HSP dual exhaust? does it have a good rap to it and is it loud? Also, you from MN? I noticed in a post above you said minnesota power. If so, where ya from? Also, who's your dealer? Do you have the full HSP speed kit, or just the duals and clutch kit? I like HSP cuz they're the only ones out there who offer a complete hop-up kit w/intake, exhaust, clutching and EFI mods. But back on topic, can't wait for July 23, I am literally counting down the days. 42 days left until the 09' dealer show in Vegas.

fordpolaris800 06-11-2008 11:35 AM

Polaris for 2009.

i love the true dual kit that HSP offers!!! i would recommend this kit to anyone. it is ver easy to install, i put it on myself. its a fair amount louder than stock. ive never been questioned for having it installed on my quad. ive driven past many local forestry officials at that. i am from Minnesota. its a great place to ride if you know the right places to go... there are a few videos on Youtube that give you an idea of how the true duals sound. youll have to type in Hot Seat Performance, and the videos should come up. the sound isnt hollywood quality though. i love the sound, its very throaty, and ive noticed a very decent gain in low end and mid range power. i went straight to the Hot Seat Performance shop to get my parts, as they are about five minutes drive from my house. their tech line is very helpful if you have any questions for them. it might take a little bit for them to get back to you, but theyll respond with all the info you need. i have the full "Speed Kit" from Hot Seat Performance. it includes the clutch mods, true dual exhaust, and a K&N air filter. as far as i know they dont sell any EFI mods with their kits. they have some custom "jets kits" for the Polaris EFI system, but they are sold separately. i chose to opt for the Dynojet Powercommander instead. i also went for the option of having my exhaust ceramic coated from Hot Seat. the headers on back havent changed color or anthing yet!!! thats with over 20 hours of hard riding and long full throttle bursts on them. im very satisfied. ive noticed that after a while of hard trail riding that the headers turn a little cherry red. to avoid over-heating issues, i would strongly recommend that you shield the return line coming from the radiator with some heavy heat tape if you do a lot of trail riding. this coolant line runs right above the "PTO" side head pipe. i hope this info has been helpful. by the way the website for Hot Seat Performance is www.hotseatperformance.com