Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Lift kit opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit opinions

I just bought a 2 inch ez install bolt on lift kit off ebay and was wondering what you guys thougt about my decision. The lift comes with brackets, bolts, and strut extensions. Has anyone got this lift that would like to tell me about it. I would like to know about ride quality, looks, difficulty of installation, and wear and tear. The lift cost me 65.54 with shipping. Thanks guys!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like the same kit i have put 2500 miles in the last 3 years..i am sure all of my cv joints were self inflicted( ohhh beer!)

Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Range Rover

I have heard a lot of bad things about lift kits, like breaking axels like crazy. Thats the main reason I haven't gotten a lift kit on mine yet.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Range Rover

I have heard before that the Highlifter lift kits are the way to go, but, I am not 100% sure of that as I haven't talked to anyone that has one of those.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

I have heard the same thing about lift kits but I have also heard that 2 inches is a little on the safe side. I have cut back on my riding due to the fact that the ring leader has just gone through some eye cancer and has lost sight in one eye and the pain and pressure is holding him back and as for the others, one got a new motorcyle, and one couple had their first baby. I am a die hard atver and I really just like to work on and look at the quad. I take a trip to Busco every now and then and I really like the look of those lifted atvs. I do like to hop logs and take it in the mud every now and then and my main concerns are; heating up the cv's during fast riding and having the axle pop out of the cv when I hop logs. I would like to here some testamonials on the subject, you can make it simple. I like to here yall battle each other on the opinions and at the same time teach me things to look out for. I will mention that I have replaced the front end with a brand new one and still have a bit of trouble with unwanted engagement so I am not worried about the awd messing up from the lift. I am also not to worried about breaking the axles due to being stuck because I beleive that I will burn the damn belt up before I get the tires turning not to mention twist the axles. I put a new spring on and still don't get alot of power to the wheels in the thick mud but I get power to that belt. I can put a new meaning to the phrase Burn Rubber! I will also say that when I get stuck I don't try to hard on getting out I like to go ahead and hook up a few winches and make it easy. I usually can judge the 2 hour holes. Sorry about the long post, just felt like shareing.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

I have been doing some research and I think that I am going to have to grind some of the strut down so that the boot clears. H s anyone done this.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

i had to, and i have not ate up a boot since.

Trending Topics

Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Onesavage,

Are those springs the only thing you added from the HLFTR lift kit?

Regards,

R'

Old 07-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

no sir,i have the springs AND the the full frt and rear kit installed..i have the biggest popo i have seen around here..out of all the people i ride w/ or run into if i get stuck THEY DONT FOLLOW.. but that kinda sucks

Old 07-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

How often do you get stuck?

R'

Quick Reply: Lift kit opinions