Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking of trading

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of trading

Well I found an ad on Craigslist. A guy has a 2000 Polaris Magnum 325. It looks like it's in excellent shape from his pics. He is looking to get 2000 out of it. I was thinking of trading him for my Preddy and $500 being I never ride it anymore. I screwed my back up at work so it's rough to ride anymore and I havent even rode it yet this summer and only about 4 times last summer. Since I got the Sportsman I don't even feel like getting it out anymore and it's ashame for it to just sit in the shed. I also figured it would be a good quad for my dad. He rolled my Sportsman and now he won't get back on it for fear of screwing it up again. Also my sister and bro-in-law like to come up and putt around once in a while. I don't know anything about this model. Any issues experienced with this year and model, or pros and cons. Let's here what you all have to say. Thanks!!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

I have a friend who has owned polaris for a very long time and uses them on his horse ranch. He does nothing to them....nothing! I constantly chap him for not changing fluids and filters, but he just doesn't listen. One of his quads he uses all the time is a magnum, probly a 1998. He has had no problems with it until now ( I think it's just a plugged filter). But, keep in mind, he does no maintenance on it and he rides in extremely dusty environments at very low speeds all the time. It rarely sees the open road (poor thing) or high gear for that matter! I think the magnum is a solid atv. The fact that so many farmers around here all use polaris and have very few problems with them was what convinced me to try them out and I'm glad I did!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My sons ATP is a stretched out Magnum 500 with a dump bed on the back. It has stiffer rear springs than the X2. I can tell you that a straight axle machine is going to be a much harsher ride than one with IRS. Other than the rear of the machine the rest is pretty much the same as a Sporstman of the same age.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Thinking of trading"></title><script src=

Yeah I know all about the ride quality of straight axle vs. IRS. I was just wondering about mechanical issues if any. Is the 330 motor a dog with the auto tranny My buddies ride a couple Honda 300s but they are auto shift and seem to go pretty good, but I'm wondering if the PVT would rob it of it's power. I guess it doesnt matter really cause if I was worried about power and speed I wouldnt be getting rid of the Predator anyway

Old 07-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Don't know much about the 330. Anybody?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Man I'm still having major problems with the forum. The only way in for me is to reply through old topics through email. I cant even see the new ones.

Thanks Moose the guy supposed to bring it up this Sat. and we're gonna check the quads out so I'll let you guys know what goes on.

Thanks

Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I've been getting into the forum by coming in through Today's New Topics. I think the Polaris forum link is messed up.