ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Polaris foot wells (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/298923-polaris-foot-wells.html)

Deerkiller 10-06-2008 10:44 AM

Polaris foot wells

Does anyone else destroy the plastic footwells on their machines as much as I do?
The plastic seems to be fairly brittle in an area that should be a lot tougher.
I finally was able to buy both side replacement parts, There is no way no how that I am going to pay $130.00 each for a peice of plastic.
I was able to get a pair after about a year and a half of bidding from ebay, used of course. Go ahead and chime in if you had bid on the same pair last week.
Fortunatly several different models have the same plastic.
Is anyone using a set of nerf bars to help save the footwells? I'd like to here how they work out for you.
Deerkiller

upnort 10-06-2008 10:52 AM

Polaris foot wells

Busted a couple also. Got raped by the stealer on 1st but got one from ebay (Bresse I think it was) for about 90. A couple of people on here have added nerfs to theirs.

Deerkiller 10-06-2008 11:25 AM

Polaris foot wells

Might have been Breeze Lawn and Garden, I've been watching their parts.
I'll search the nerf links.
I almost head into the dealer with a chuckle. I know what ever I think I should pay or a reasonable price it is going to be 20-25% more. They look at me when I do say something like , "So , go someplace else."
My alltime favorite was a few months ago they charges me $13.00 US for a quart of Synthetic oil.
Deerkiller

drewbad 10-06-2008 11:58 AM

Polaris foot wells

I caught a stump on the driver side footwell pretty good a while back. I took it off and slapped some bondo/fiberglass on it over last weekend. I'm not sure if it'll hold up or not. I shot it with some black paint... not really worried about looks as function tho..

upnort 10-06-2008 12:11 PM

Polaris foot wells

I, and quite a few others, just go with the Mobil1 on sale for 4.99$.

Deerkiller 10-06-2008 12:45 PM

Polaris foot wells

Ya know,
I did speak to a Polaris mechanic about the oil. If it is was a salesman I would have told him I thought he was full of crap about the Polaris oil. The mechanic did explain that there was a difference. It comes down to this, I change my oil maybe once a year and for the few dollars more per quart that I should be able to buy Polaris oil for and filters, I'll go ahead and use what is recommended.
My Chevy gets what's on sale. My Porsche gets mobile one.
Deerkiller

hddoperator 10-06-2008 12:46 PM

Polaris foot wells

I've not had any trouble but I don't ride as much as some of you guys either.
I think a set of those body gaurd tubes might be in order.

hddoperator 10-06-2008 12:47 PM

Polaris foot wells

I've not had any trouble but I don't ride as much as some of you guys either.
I think a set of those body gaurd tubes might be in order.

user493 10-06-2008 01:23 PM

Polaris foot wells

I cracked one pretty bad and knocked a small hole in it. I just pop riveted a piece of pipe strap on like a metal band-aid.

MooseHenden 10-07-2008 09:30 AM

Polaris foot wells

I hit a log that was hidden by tall grass at the side of the trail and it seperated the footwell from the left front bodywork. I fixed it with a couple of rivets and a piece of plastic I had laying around. I also got pinched between a rock and a stump and broke the plastic a little bit on the left side. I ended up reinforcing the footwells with some aluminum bar stock. I got a piece 1/4" thick by 1 1/2" wide and covered the broken piece up. I countersank the bolt holes and drilled through to attach it. Came out well and has held up to my abusive.