Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Black 08' Touring dull finish

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black 08' Touring dull finish

I looked at a black 800 Touring this morning that had a strange finish, more of a matt or dull black finish on the plastic. The Polaris site shows red or blue only and the salesman was no help. Was this the look they have when the plastic can be painted. The price was good but I would never be able to get the rough dull black clean.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bentarrow

I looked at a black 800 Touring this morning that had a strange finish, more of a matt or dull black finish on the plastic. The Polaris site shows red or blue only and the salesman was no help. Was this the look they have when the plastic can be painted. The price was good but I would never be able to get the rough dull black clean.</end quote></div>

It sounds lik eyou are describing Stealth Black, it IS paint. It is matte but it isn't rough though. It cleans up easily and hides scratches well as the pastic underneath is black. Only thing I didn't like about it is it is soft, which means it doesn't chip and is flexible but if something gouges it tends to pull off a small sheet instead of just scratching it. The red/green shiny paint seems to be harder,not sure which I like better but I'll let you know soon as my 09 is Green,love the color,just hope it is durable.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

This must have been a Stealth but I expected the plastic to be black and slick, not painted and the finish looking like black primer. This may be why the price was good. If I wanted a painted finish I would like something like Nuclear Sunset, beautiful color.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Alot of guys like the stealth paint, I being one of them, and some dealers were actually charging a small premium for it not long ago. Each to his own though right? Maybe something was wrong with it because the paint is matte but it is slick. If it was defective and the machine is new it probably could be warrantied. I know mine lifted in a spot on the edge of a fender and my dealer said he could get it warrantied.
I think all of the colors are painted on the 08 touring but I could be wrong.