Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which ATV Is The WORST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

worst atv? i would have to say the power wheels kawasaki ninja. first of all the ninja is a street bike not an atv so giving that name to a quad is pretty worthless. second you can't barely get any traction with those dern plastic tires. especially in the mud. and torque? ahahahaha you'd be lucky if these pieces of garbage could pull a toddler through some thick grass. you can't sit on the thing for more than 5 minutes because the seat is made otu of hard plastic. now lets talk about top speed. your gonna get a good 3mph if your lucky. thats pretty bad for an atv with a streetbike engine in it.its really tough on the plastic frame if you jump it and having no suspension doesn't help it much either! its not all bad tho. its got a very quiet motor and has zero emissions! also theres no hot engine or exhaust pipes to burn you! it also has reverse! even with those good features its not able to overcome the title of worst atv of all time!

Old 01-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

NEPHI, Packrat isn't the only one that thinks the Kawi 650, with its solid axle can't compete in mud. In the post "Everyone happy with their 700", gregsims also said that it isn't in the same league as a Sportsman 500 H.O. because it doesn't have the ground clearance. In the same post, read what walexa said about the 650 in mud (and it had its crappy stock tires on). The way I see it, independant rear suspension can be good and bad---with a light load the center of the quad has more clearance than a solid axle with the gear case hanging down, but there is more to drag at the inner wheels (cv joint guards compared to just a skinny axle). When an independant wheel hits a bump it lifts, leaving the center of the quad low where a solid axle's wheel tilts the whole rear end lifting the center. If there is a heavy load on an independant suspension, you have to stiffen the springs or leave the center low as your clearance diminishes with weight. The only thing that may change clearance on a solid axle is the tires squashing, so there are pros and cons to both. Put the same tires on a Prairie 650, Grizzly 660, and a 500 or 700 Sportsman. Let the same rider try them all and see who outmuds who. I bet it would be really close since they all have power and true 4 wheel drive---their weights may affect the outcome, depending on the type of mud. Sorry I got off topic here but wanted to reply to these posts. As far as crappy ATVs go, I don't know of any. Seriously, I know guys with most brands, and they have all done very well when they have been maintained (and some have done very well without maintenance). I don't abuse mine, so it will probably run a long time, but I am amazed at what some of them will take and what some of you guys put them through. Thats why I find the "Connection" so interesting.

Old 01-20-2002, 05:58 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure there is a worst quad but the TRAXTER is definatly the worst looking.
I guess it was made for the senior citizens, it looks like something my grandmother would like to drive, she would have a place to put her walker!

Old 01-20-2002, 06:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

where do you find a topic that hasn't had a post since Feb 5, 2001!
MT

Old 01-20-2002, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

BANSHEE, because there is no way in this world with (same motor i have now) i will be as fast as they can be. and it makes me mad.

Old 01-20-2002, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

Here's my two cents. The Diesel and Sportsman 335. What in the name of god was Polaris thinking about when they came out with these quads? "Wow, I'll bet we'll sell a lot of these to farmers and guys wives!" Geez! Get real! Nobody wants a 700 lb., 300cc machine that is too slow to time with a calender. And the Diesel? Get real, if they intended it for farmers, why put independant suspension on it (for that matter why put any suspension on it at all, as farm tractors don't have any)? I guess that they didn't count on the success of the 400EX, the DS650 and the Raptor. I can just imagine them saying; "Why on earth would some one want a lightweight machine that goes fast and has no racks?" or "Oh well, our Scramblers can compete with them." and "Why invest in such a small niche market when we can go for the utility crowd?". Polaris, give me a break!

Now several years later and hundreds of million dollars lost, they are supposedly coming out with a "true" sport machine. A day late and several million dollars short, I'd say. Polaris is starting to become the "Colt" of the ATV industry. Colt Firearms is noted for being constantly behind the concept curve when it comes to developing new equipment, just as Polaris is. Does any one remember the Colt "All American" 2000 ? How about the Polaris Cyclone? Same thing, different industry. Then when they do come out with something new, it is usually old news to the rest of the industry. My hope is that when Polaris does come out with a "true" Sport quad, the market is already saturated with Hondas, Bombardiers, Yamahas and Suzukis. This being said, no one will buy one of their "true" sport machines. They'll probably scratch their heads and wonder why their machines didn't sell, DUH! It doesn't take a Ph.D in economics to tell them why they won't sell! Then they'll just bury their heads in the sand for about 10 more years and wait for the next trend in ATVing to pass them by. Oh well.....

Old 01-20-2002, 10:12 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to 3atv the Yamaha Breeze is the finest trail machine for kids out there.I looked hard to find some thing that would suit my 9 yr old son.He had an Eton 50(total junk)flooded out real easy not enough power to trail ride.Now with the Breeze he can ride right with the grown ups even out ride most of them.In my eyes it is 100 times better than any of those Tiwainees pieces of sh## on the market.So that should get the point across on what i think are the biggest junk atv s out there. And as i see you are into sport quads so i would say you think all trail quads are junk because they arent fast.Well you can put that DS up against a 400 2stroke 4x4 in the woods and you would never find him to out run him.

Old 01-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I personally am not a fan of any Polaris 4x4 that had the 3-chain / 6 sprocket system.

Old 01-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

I was wondering why anyone would bring back this post....heh heh....I didn't even remember my other 2 replies to this post back in FEB!! Oh well, my opinion still stands on the warrior.....Latah......

Old 01-20-2002, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

i guess nobody liked my reply [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Which ATV Is The WORST!!!