Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

xp stock tires suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xp stock tires suck

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sjbr549

looks high-centered to me. look at the rear looks like the frame is touching.</end quote></div>

For the correct answer, look at the above.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

I think you have to give it a try HIGHOCTANE to see if you can really bury it.....then post some really cool mud pics! LOL!![IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Ok,will do next week when I get back. Going out of town for a few days. Wish I had some video of me playing in the grass field behind the house yesterday. It's grass about 5" long and it's a little muddy underneath right now. I could nail it from a 5mph roll in high and it would just light the tires up and throw rooster tails of grass as long as I dared to hold it. A good 75-100 yards! Looked cool,unfortunately I had no one around to run a camera. The PXT's would have bit alot better. When the PXT's throw stuff it goes up,the Terracrosses throw it more to the back. In a way that's better,less lands on you,lol.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree, it looks high centered to me too. Of course, the tires are packed with the sticky, clay like mud I have all around me here. I agree that stock tires suck. I have to defend polaris, though, as they do put out the best stock tire of all the manufacturers. The pxt was decent, but got me stuck several times. I run nothing but mudlites. I'm sad to say I don't get to use my winch very often [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it is high centered, I believe if I read right that once he knew he was stuck good he went ahead and buried it down to the frame. Being high center is not a factor in how well the tires perform if there was no avoiding it to start with. I doubt he dug a hole and sat the bike on the frame then tried to drive away. lol

That doesn't look soft enough for it to just sink to the frame without warning. The tires lost traction and then dug a hole. In that situation less throttle is better and no offense but a skilled rider might have avoided the situation,but nonetheless the tires are WEAK in the mud.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Being high center is not a factor in how well the tires perform if there was no avoiding it to start with. lol</end quote></div>

True dat!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

ah, you just needed the 850. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yep the tires are not as good as the PXT's, but the PXT's aren't even as good as Bighorns.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I can't wait to get the XTRs. I took the 850 through the soup ditch beihind the house tonight..same place was nothing of a real challange for the PXTs. It was a challenge for the terracross tires though. I thought a couple of times I was ready to go get the truck, but I managed to work it out after alot of back and forth and sided to side. Definitely not a mud tire at all,lol. They ride nice though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'll do it again and get pics before I mount the XTRs,kind of a before and after. I had tennis shoes on tonight and didn't really want to climb off to get pics.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Range Rover

Would you go with the 27-10-14's for the front and the 27-12-14 for the rear or would you look for something that is in the 26 overall height size? The Carlisle Mud Wolfs come in 26-9-14 front and 26-11-14 rears.
Take care
Dave

Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Range Rover

I don't think those would fit without spacers, as there is not that much clearance for width, especially in the rear, it looks pretty tight to me. If I had the money, I would go with the Maxxis Zilla's, only an inch wider on front and rear. This site seems to have a good price, and I am not 100% sure if they would fit in the rear without spacers. I think the SS212 rims would look awesome!! If only I was rich!!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Range Rover

Highoctane, we definately need some pics of that thing in the mud, and preferably a vid if you could!!

Quick Reply: xp stock tires suck