Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP offer for previous Sportsman owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP offer for previous Sportsman owners

Looks nice HighOctane! Nice and clean!! the way that I like it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Speaking of shift ***** here is mine. I painted it,bare aluminum stuck out like a sore thumb on my machine.

Name:  Polaris850005.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  81.8 KB</end quote></div>

Nice looking **** you've got there HO... now you'll know what gear you are in. LOL LOL

BTW... is that a bottle of Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer I see sitting there? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks fellas, I think painting it black made a big difference.

DCT-yes it is,haven't really even tried it out yet. Is it any good? I usually use a carnuba based spray,this one is synthetic polymer IIRC. The XPs racks turn into shelves and work benches when its in the garage,lol.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:34 PM
DCT
Banned

HO,

Yea, I'm a detailing freak... I probably have a dozen Quick Detailers\Spray Waxes\Spray Sealant. Some of them are OTC, some are boutique products only available on the web. They are all pretty good... just a little different. The Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer adds a little polymer protection and looks pretty darn nice. What Carnauba based spray wax are you using?

Old 01-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

HO,

Yea, I'm a detailing freak... I probably have a dozen Quick Detailers\Spray Waxes\Spray Sealant. Some of them are OTC, some are boutique products only available on the web. They are all pretty good... just a little different. The Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer adds a little polymer protection and looks pretty darn nice. What Carnauba based spray wax are you using?</end quote></div>

I am too,I usually use the better stuff,PS-21,Optimum,Klasse,Pinnacle,Poorboys ect...I've tried alot of the years,Glare,Zaino ect..
As for sprays I have used several. Last one I bought was by Optimum. Most of the better ones have some polymers but also contain carnauba. I ran out the Optimum Spray and need something so I picked up the Meguires for the heck of it, I suspect it will not shine as well as the carnuba based sprays. The Eagle One Nanowax spray believe it or not is decent for a store bought carnauba spray. But as I'm sure you know the store bought stuff rarely compares.
The polymer only formula should protect as long or longer,but I doubt it will shine like a carnauba. JMO.
My favorite carnauba paste wax is PS-21,and my favorite polymer is the Klasse "Twins"...both are excellent products and put store bought stuff to shame IMO. I usually lay down a polymer base for long protection and top it with the carnuba for the best shine.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM
DCT
Banned

Wow, this is an amazing coincidence. I have a similar detailing stash as you. I wonder if we've bumped into each other on a detailing forum or two. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm also partial to the Optimum Spray Wax (I have a gallon) ... and the OCW (couple gallons) up here for winter washing.

I haven't tried the Eagle One Nanowax spray wax... but I'll give it a try based upon your recommendation.
Is the P21S you are using the old stuff... or the new pure carnauba?
Yep, the Klasse is excellent stuff. However, the SG can be a bit of a pain to apply and remove at times. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I also like the Zaino Z2 Pro and the Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Sealant.
Steve's stuff is pretty good too... I always have a lot of Spray & Wipe around.
Like you, (especially in the winter up here) I like to put down a couple of layers of the synthetic wax, and apply a good tough carnauba. For the winter months, I like top with Collinite 476 or the 915 - Marque D'Elegance... very durable carnaubas.

Well, I could talk for hours about detailing stuff... better stop now. LOL

Old 01-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have looked at some of the detailing forums for info,but have never posted...I am relatively an amateur really. I enjoy detailing,especially when you are doing a vehicle that has been a little neglected,to see the difference it can make is cool. I've done some friends cars and they were really amazed...
Alot more to real detailing than those guys that charge $30 do.
I haven't tried the 100% Carnauba P21s(I always call t PS21,lol,don't know why I do that) yet,I still have a god bit of the "Concours"..a little goes a long way.
Hmm..I love the SG,I have had no problems with application or removal,but I use it very sparingly. I like the the Z2 as well I have some of that and the z5 and a few other Zaino products but I actually find removal of the Zaino to be pretty difficult.
The Nano probably won't compare to the stuff you use,but in a pinch it works pretty good and is real easy to use.

Oh,I have another favorite product too..Optimum Polish worked with a Porter Cable..I know there are faster ways,but for an amateur when you don't want to remove anymore thant you need to it works nicely and can be worked a long time with no powder residue. I have revived some fairly neglected paint jobs using the Optimum and the Porter Cable. I did my Competition Orange Cobra,it was a Ford Media Vehicle and looked like they washed it often sandy rags,lol. Probably took a good 40+ hours just polishing, The end result was really amazing,better than the day it rolled off the line for sure.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
DCT
Banned

Yep, all the Optimum products are excellent. Your approach is correct... it's all about the prep (cleaning/polishing), and the PC if a good tool for the job. I have a PC, a Flex, and two rotary buffers. Of course, I use to do detailing on the side in my buddies detailing shop to earn a few extra bucks now and then.

Sorry to get your thread off topic. LOL
Later

Old 01-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE
I have looked at some of the detailing forums for info,but have never posted...I am relatively an amateur really. I enjoy detailing,especially when you are doing a vehicle that has been a little neglected,to see the difference it can make is cool. I've done some friends cars and they were really amazed...</end quote></div>

To bad you live so far away.I have a truck you could do! ....jk.
You too Dave!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Banned

I use Zaino products on all of my vehicles, including the quad. They have wax specifically for plastic and clear coat. In addition, I use their gloss enhancer. This stuff is very expensive, but you use it sparingly. reference www.zainobros.com.

Quick Reply: XP offer for previous Sportsman owners