Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP offer for previous Sportsman owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP offer for previous Sportsman owners

Nothing yet. I plan to call next week,i'll post up what they say.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

I just purchased an 850XP and I have an 05 800 Sportsman and it took my vin numbers and registered me. You should be good to go. Man this is a great offer!

Old 11-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: vegasdude

I just purchased an 850XP and I have an 05 800 Sportsman and it took my vin numbers and registerd me. You should be good to go. Man this is a great offer!</end quote></div>

Congrats on the XP...you will enjoy it I am sure. I know I enjoy mine.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Range Rover

I love this XP. Rides great, handles great and lots of power. Highoctane, I appreciate you posting this. Thanks!! Also I've seen you Highlifter as well!

Old 11-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Banned

Congratulations on your new ride Vegas!

I just received my Camping World packet in the mail, this past Friday, but haven't had a chance to open it yet. I'm getting really excited now!

Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bougth my new '09 Polaris XP Sportsman 850 in Athens, Tenn. at Ritchie's Power Sports (240 miles from my house) for $7983, no tax (Ga.)nothing else added, and love it.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: westpointdawg

Bougth my new '09 Polaris XP Sportsman 850 in Athens, Tenn. at Ritchie's Power Sports (240 miles from my house) for $7983, no tax (Ga.)nothing else added, and love it.</end quote></div>

That's a good deal. Ritchies' is always competitve. Shoals(AL) has them at the lowest price I have seen yet, like $7695 or so!
On the tax thing,I guess I depends on your state,but from what I have heard NC will send you a tax bill in the mail if you buy out of state and do not pay any tax..not sure it is true. But I wouldn't be suprised with this state...they like their taxes...wonder where they all go?lol

Old 11-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I never owned one before and have no VIN except for the new one and it will not take my submit. Any advice?

Old 11-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Probably your only remotely possible option is the free 2yr warranty deal for members of Camping World,but you had to be a member prior to buying the machine. Unless you are a member already it's too late now unless your dealer hasn't registered your machine with Polaris and he will change the date on the bill of sale.
If he hasn't registered it(not likely) and will adjust the bill of sale date, join camping world's "Presidents Club"($14.95 IIRC)and get the bill of sale for a date after joining. If and when you do those things let us know and we can tell you how to redeem the offer. They may or may not help you out..I know at least one guy's dealer held off on registering the purchase for 2 months waiting for a rebate to come out I believe.
No chance of using someone else's VIN unless they are willing to register the machine in your name with Polaris. And even in that case I think a dealer has to do the paperwork and it has to indicate you owned the other Sportsman prior to buying the XP. They do that because some people will buy a used Sportsman and never transfer registration with Polaris,especially if it isn't under warranty. lobodog3 could probably give more details about that as he had to doit,but he actually DID own the machine.
Good luck.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Range Rover

Got an e-mail from Stephan Fulop saying he was sorry for the confusion but the camping world offer is good in the US only. I struck out on both offers. Thankfully I have a great dealer who goes above & beyond to take care of any problems I have ever had.

Quick Reply: XP offer for previous Sportsman owners