Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

MY Trailblazer just died

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MY Trailblazer just died

TRy running with the gas cap loose.The vent line should run from your tank(under the plastic cover)out the front and be clear and not pinched.I have had this happen many times

Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

135 psi with WOT will be perfect for 93. 150 -160 would be perfect for 107 VP. Check your plug gapping should be .20-.23 on a BR8ES plug. If the coil is going bad gap down from there .16-.18. I agree with flwflh there might be a pinched line and also check the oil lines like he stated. Check the basics first. The oil injection does work well for stock motors, but if it is modified the oil injection does not supply enough. I personally will not run a 2 smoker no less then 32:1. If you checked the basics and ignition, and still doing it then check the reeds for cracks or damage and boot for a vacuum leak.

Yes Im a Chevy man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 468bbc

135 psi with WOT will be perfect for 93. 150 -160 would be perfect for 107 VP. Check your plug gapping should be .20-.23 on a BR8ES plug. If the coil is going bad gap down from there .16-.18. I agree with flwflh there might be a pinched line and also check the oil lines like he stated. Check the basics first. The oil injection does work well for stock motors, but if it is modified the oil injection does not supply enough. I personally will not run a 2 smoker no less then 32:1. If you checked the basics and ignition, and still doing it then check the reeds for cracks or damage and boot for a vacuum leak.

Yes Im a Chevy man. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

32;1 is a little rich good at times 40:1 is good starting point.
You ever get IN reg. ? Spurgen is open again

Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

Harley, I rechecked the compression and it was closer to 150 both ways...i think the cold the temperature was affecting my judgement. I drained all the gas and put in a couple gallons of 40:1 pump gas/klotz and its smoking a little...very little. I took the line off the oil pump and i have oil flow going in. With the bike running and the line to the intake pulled off at a idle there is no oil coming out. With the bike running at idle. i manually worked the lever on the pump and at the wide open throttle position it would drip a drop every 2-3 seconds. I ran the bike till it was good and hot sitting in the garage and held it part throttle and shut it off to check the plug...

Old 12-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hurryinhoosier

Harley, I rechecked the compression and it was closer to 150 both ways...i think the cold the temperature was affecting my judgement. I drained all the gas and put in a couple gallons of 40:1 pump gas/klotz and its smoking a little...very little. I took the line off the oil pump and i have oil flow going in. With the bike running and the line to the intake pulled off at a idle there is no oil coming out. With the bike running at idle. i manually worked the lever on the pump and at the wide open throttle position it would drip a drop every 2-3 seconds. I ran the bike till it was good and hot sitting in the garage and held it part throttle and shut it off to check the plug...

</end quote></div>

The whole backwards thing to me was why it would have higher comp with the throttle slide blocking incoming air, rather than the slide not blocking incoming air(more available) and giving a lower comp reading. It seemed odd to me was all.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

ok...does the amount of oil coming from the hose sound correct or is it not enough....at a idle, there was nothing coming out.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Quad Patrol

The pump is calibrated to the throttle.Check your gas vent

Old 12-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

I checked the hose by blowing air back into it....no kinks.

Back to the pump, can I not open the pump manually with my hand and leave the bike at a idle to check it?

Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Quad Patrol

your plug looks great Idont think you have an oil problem.How is your throttle play? ETC could be kicking in.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

The throttle feels fine. Also, on the pump lever, there were three marks on the lever. What are the other two marks for?

BTW....i purchased a service manual today...hopefully it will show up soon.

Quick Reply: MY Trailblazer just died