Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

850 XP A-arm protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850 XP A-arm protection

Anyone know where I can find a-arm protectors for the xp model? I have searched Ricochet, Yasky's, atvoutfitters.net and had no luck in finding anything for the 2009 xp model... any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Haven't seen any yet..one company,Aluminum Products, is supposely going to make some but they are just starting the design phase I think....going to take some time for the aftermarket to catch up..

Old 01-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Range Rover

i would hurry getting those i have already bent my lower a arm i have looked for some but i can only find the plastic oem replacement part so far....

Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Got an E-mail from Aluminum Products today...they are in fact going to build skids (and I assume A-arm guards) for the XP. About 4-6 weeks out from availability..we know how that goes though,so don't hold me to that time line,lol..
I chimed in my 2 cents about oil filter protection but with some sort of access,I gave them a few ideas I have....hopefully they listen...

Old 02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

I chimed in my 2 cents about oil filter protection but with some sort of access,I gave them a few ideas I have....hopefully they listen...</end quote></div>

Glad you did that Rod. That would give the skids an added selling feature.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Got an E-mail from Aluminum Products today...they are in fact going to build skids (and I assume A-arm guards) for the XP. About 4-6 weeks out from availability..we know how that goes though,so don't hold me to that time line,lol..

I chimed in my 2 cents about oil filter protection but with some sort of access,I gave them a few ideas I have....hopefully they listen...</end quote></div>

Good deal HO,It's good to hear someone is finally making an effort to supply some after market parts for the XP's!
Do they have a web page or an e-mail address?
Take care!

rancher55

Old 02-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

Good deal HO,It's good to hear someone is finally making an effort to supply some after market parts for the XP's!

Do they have a web page or an e-mail address?

Take care!

rancher55</end quote></div>

http://www.aluminumproducts.com/

Trending Topics

Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Rod!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

I just got off the phone with Ricochet..they will have a full skid set up ready to ship next week...skids,floorboard guards and A-arm guards..only problem(IMO) is the skids have a cutout that leave the oil filter exposed.
BUT since I brought it to their attention they are going to look at either 1) making the cutout for the filter optional,in other words you can order it without the cutout..or 2) Possibly putting a removable plate over it. The gentleman I talked to said that it is a 2 piece skid and pulling the piece to get to the oil filter would take "2 minutes" if they aren't able to come up with a removable panel.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
DCT
Banned

BUT since I brought it to their attention they are going to look at either 1) making the cutout for the filter optional,in other words you can order it without the cutout..or 2) Possibly putting a removable plate over it. The gentleman I talked to said that it is a 2 piece skid and pulling the piece to get to the oil filter would take "2 minutes" if they aren't able to come up with a removable panel.</end quote></div>

Taking a couple of minutes to take off the skid would bother me at all... knowing that everything is well protected would be really nice.

Keep after them HO. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 850 XP A-arm protection