Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride

I'd love to go on a nice long ride like that. I've ridden part of the North Soo Line from Lawler to Palisade (have family in McGregor) but my usual riding spot is Red Top which is right off the South Soo Line near McGrath. There are also some new trails off of the Soo Line in Lawler, I've ridden some of them on snowmobile but not on ATV yet.

As far as the Rhino goes, it should be considered a class 2 ATV and is fine to ride on the Soo Line as long as it has current registration. Some of the trails that go off of the Soo Line may be restricted to class 1 only.

Here's the DNR's trail info site, there are maps that you can download. Just click on the trail you want info for.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/map.html

Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

FYI, May 10th is Mother's Day. What are the plans for May 8th & 9th?
Also, how much extra gas do we need to carry? I have no idea how much my 500 HO ATP will consume.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

i supose then im gona have to get a actual registration for mine. i only have a ag registraion on mine. never had an issue with the local city police or county sheriff on my old wheeler for 8yrs.

well how about the next weekend. sat may 16th? this way no one has to be in a rush to get home??

i should be fine on a take from town to town. think mine gets about 50 or so miles to the tank. it might get more on just a evon smooth drive. guess ill find out. but im still gona buy a gas pack. just in case.....

Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Hey Raven 95150, where is family in Mcgregor? I grew up on Big Sandy, and was a frequent bar fly at the Pier 65, Traders POst, Bell Horn Bay, Marks Bar and a few others!! You know about the new trail connecting Jacobson over to us lonely boys in Nashwauk area? Believe it is a 70 mile extension, so that we can hook up soon!! Oh yah, I grew up on the South end of the lake, cty 10 past Sathers store, down by CYC camp with big slide, past Traders post. Beautiful area back in the day, now too many roads with Tar on them now.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer

The weekend of the 15th-12th is much better because 1) it's not Mother's Day (a very special day for my wife - a very special mother) and 2) it's not MN Fishing Opener! I would prefer to NOT fight the Opener traffic.

I would still want to know a Friday/Saturday/Sunday plan so everyone can choose their leg(s).

Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

So is this going to be a one day trip or a camping trip? Is it 200 miles round trip or one way? I would be interested in going, I am from central wisconsin but I am always up for a road trip!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MN04ATP

The weekend of the 15th-12th is much better because 1) it's not Mother's Day (a very special day for my wife - a very special mother) and 2) it's not MN Fishing Opener! I would prefer to NOT fight the Opener traffic.

I would still want to know a Friday/Saturday/Sunday plan so everyone can choose their leg(s).</end quote></div>

ok. well how about the 15th. thats a fri?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rmontez

So is this going to be a one day trip or a camping trip? Is it 200 miles round trip or one way? I would be interested in going, I am from central wisconsin but I am always up for a road trip!</end quote></div>

well the plan i had was to be at moose lake about 6:30a. get everything ready, wheeler check over and leave round 7am in the morn, and try to be back by late that night round 9 or so. that would be either a steady 18mph, or tear around and see the other trails of the main soo line, and drive faster at about 40 or so. i dunoo if there is a speed limit on the trail or not. but im not shure, anyone elses input would be great. i really want to see the bridge!!! bungeeeeee jumping!!!!!! lol

chuck

Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

oh. forgot to add its about 220 miles one way...... still wanta go?????? lol the butt is gona hurt, along with the thumb... i know mine will. this will be the first time iv sat on my wheeler for more than an hr..... the good old days..

Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 AM
Pro Rider

ya know i may just go on the south soo line trail also.... it says 114miles for that one.... any takes on that one a later day???

chuck

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride