Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride

well how about who would like to go with, and when we pic a date, meet in moose lake then decide who wants to go the whole way, who only wants to go half way, and any other thoughts about the trip....

Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a great plan. I'm in!!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Have you had any experience on this trail Chuck? Years ago, when I was young and ?????, used to ride the Soo Line on Sleds with a buddy of mine who's parents own a cabin on Lake Washburn up by Emily/Outing area. Can't tell yah how many ales were thrown back on that trail back in my younger years, not much for sight seeing, and you definitely point the ATV "straight" forward for a long, long, long, time....It can be done, but you will be chasing daylight coming back. Young guys can absorb those bumps better than I today. I'm good for about 75 miles and a few beers, back to the homestead, and a few more beers, then watch the deer run around in the back 40 up here!! Good bonfire, check out the pic's from days ride, hit the hay!! Yup, that's the "old" in me talking!!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

no i havent had no experience on that trail. this will be my first. im use to driving on county roads round here. i use to spend hrs driving. but since i had to move from the county i have done much country driving, and i miss it. i cant imagine that the trail would be that bad. but you only live once. if this trip goes well i want to try the south soo line trail later on this summer. but im going either way. with or without someone. id just prefer to go with least one other person or more for safety issuse. iv never done it. so this way if i want to go again i know what to exspect. plus the last time i whent up there my cell phone didnt work, and if something would go wrong. i wouldnt be able to call for help or whatever.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: uncertifiedmechanic

I'm good for about 75 miles and a few beers, back to the homestead, and a few more beers, then watch the deer run around in the back 40 up here!! Good bonfire, check out the pic's from days ride, hit the hay!! Yup, that's the "old" in me talking!!</end quote></div>

I'm not old, but that's what I'm talkin' about! 75 miles in one day with stops to eat and whatnot can be a long day. On the soo line you could do more, but not sure how fun that would be.

I would be willing to ride about 100 miles somewhere if anyone wants to get in shape for this 200 mile trip.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

like i said before i might go on the south soo line trail. if some one wants to do that before the big ride. maybe do the south soo 114miles first then the north soo 200miles later on that month...