Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack mehoff
Thats one I'll be throwing a leg over today, the 700 efi big bear.
What a surprise......You'll be "throwin' a leg over" a Yamaha. Hummm.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
OK "bro". You're going to buy a new Grizzly 550 this year, then "upgrade' next year? Now there's a smart move. Nice try Yamaha guy. You think people are going to fool for this marketing? Ridiculous.

I love it!!

If we all drove the same brand there would be nobody to bust ***** on out on the trails. I've driven most of the big bore quads on the market. Some were excellent, some were ok and one was pretty awful *. Buy what you like best. I happen to prefer Polaris.

* OK it was an '05 Arctic Cat 650 H1. Total POS

Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

Funride, I dont understand what your talking about?? I did as much research in 1 week as possible and I just listened to what most people had to say. Am I a secret agent working for yamaha? Not that I'm aware of...lol. And just so you know I fell in love with the XP from the moment I laid eye's on it, I wanted it bad...but every tom / dick / and hairy was telling me not to buy it plus I tried three times to get a test drive for the XP and dealership just couldnt make it happen, not everything in life is a gaint conspiracy theory so dont be so paranoid ok? I did a ton of reading on line and test drove 4 different makes of atv and my favorite just happened to be the grizzly...sorry. Anyway please dont be offended by my posts, I only sought the truth. PS yes I may upgrade to a larger displacment model in the next year or two (you know for like...more power and stuff).

Old 05-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Funride, I dont understand what your talking about?? I did as much research in 1 week as possible and I just listened to what most people had to say. Am I a secret agent working for yamaha? Not that I'm aware of...lol. And just so you know I fell in love with the XP from the moment I laid eye's on it, I wanted it bad...but every tom / dick / and hairy was telling me not to buy it plus I tried three times to get a test drive for the XP and dealership just couldnt make it happen, not everything in life is a gaint conspiracy theory so dont be so paranoid ok? I did a ton of reading on line and test drove 4 different makes of atv and my favorite just happened to be the grizzly...sorry. Anyway please dont be offended by my posts, I only sought the truth. PS yes I may upgrade to a larger displacment model in the next year or two (you know for like...more power and stuff).
Just for the record Jack, ATV's are only as reliable as their owners. I have Two Hondas and 1 Polaris and both brands have thus far been awesome, but my freinds have a bunch of other brands. 1 freind has 5 Popos ( srambler, 2 500 efi's 700, 800) and a Yamaha grizzly 700 the yamaha is the same year as his popo 800 and have see the same use and same maintenance and it has been back to the dealer more than all of his popo's combined. Another freind has a popo 500 and a honda 450 es and neither of them have seemed to stay away from the dealership because of his blatent disregard for maintenance. Why did you buy two of the same? Why not get a different one to see how they compare, so that the next one you buy, you can actually make an educated decision?

Old 05-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Range Rover

Most of the posts I have read on you tube strike me as being written by either fanboy retards, or kids who don't own a bike but drink the marketing kool aid from a specific manufacturer. basically people who don't know what they are talking about.
I have had a couple of Polaris bikes. An 04 ATP 500 HO and an 08 Sportsman 800 EFI HO. Never had problem #1 out of the ATP that I didn't cause myself, and so fat the 800 has been flawless. If you want a Popo, buy a Popo.
Q

Old 05-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Honestly, it makes me enjoy owning a polaris that much more because of the controversy. At least in these parts it is controversial.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:36 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by MEGA XP
Just for the record Jack, ATV's are only as reliable as their owners. I have Two Hondas and 1 Polaris and both brands have thus far been awesome, but my freinds have a bunch of other brands. 1 freind has 5 Popos ( srambler, 2 500 efi's 700, 800) and a Yamaha grizzly 700 the yamaha is the same year as his popo 800 and have see the same use and same maintenance and it has been back to the dealer more than all of his popo's combined. Another freind has a popo 500 and a honda 450 es and neither of them have seemed to stay away from the dealership because of his blatent disregard for maintenance. Why did you buy two of the same? Why not get a different one to see how they compare, so that the next one you buy, you can actually make an educated decision?
I bought 2 of the same because the dealer I went to only had arctic cat / suzuki / yamaha, and as I said the styling and colors on the cat were a major turnoff and the king quad had no power steering plus I needed to machines, also I enjoyed driving the grizzly the most cause they had a super soft ride. As for the XP, well the little dealer here in my home town was a joke, the salesman was stupid / no test ride / Its hard to explain but I didnt feel comfortable buying from them at all. Anyway I think you guy's are somehow getting the wrong impression here, I'm not bashing polaris and I'm not saying they break down more than other brands, all I'm saying is thats what I'm hearing from allot of people on different sites and I'm using that to make the right choice (right or wrong). I'll tell you guy's what...before I'm dead I promise I will own a polaris and a suzuki...just not this year.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

I completely see what you're saying about the dealer, our local dealer is the pretty much the same. I mean it seems that i can barely get them to give me any advice(ie. repairs) unless i am paying them for the information. The only thing i will give our local dealer is the fact that the salesman i talked to didn't dis/make cuts at other brands like the honda dealership i went to.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

I bought 2 of the same because the dealer I went to only had arctic cat / suzuki / yamaha, and as I said the styling and colors on the cat were a major turnoff and the king quad had no power steering plus I needed to machines, also I enjoyed driving the grizzly the most cause they had a super soft ride. As for the XP, well the little dealer here in my home town was a joke, the salesman was stupid / no test ride / Its hard to explain but I didnt feel comfortable buying from them at all. Anyway I think you guy's are somehow getting the wrong impression here, I'm not bashing polaris and I'm not saying they break down more than other brands, all I'm saying is thats what I'm hearing from allot of people on different sites and I'm using that to make the right choice (right or wrong). I'll tell you guy's what...before I'm dead I promise I will own a polaris and a suzuki...just not this year.
I think that what most of what you hear are alot of people that have never had one chiming in on the bandwagon. I am glad my dealer where I buy all my wheelers carries yamaha, polaris, and honda. Also in town we have arctic cat, john deere/ can am, suzuki, and kawasaki. I'd take your new units into the popo dealers lot and tell the owner his salesman would not let you ride an XP. I'm sure the ower would be a little PO'd missing out on two units because of his bone head salesman. I use mine mostly for work so you can ask me how the XP holds up down the line. I have nothing against Yamaha, I was going to buy one before I knew of the XP. Congrats on the new rides and enjoy em!!

Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mroelike1985
I completely see what you're saying about the dealer, our local dealer is the pretty much the same. I mean it seems that i can barely get them to give me any advice(ie. repairs) unless i am paying them for the information. The only thing i will give our local dealer is the fact that the salesman i talked to didn't dis/make cuts at other brands like the honda dealership i went to.
It's sad to say but that is what Honda is resorting to. Insteadof coming out with product that the masses want, they stick up their nose tell you how reliable they are and how unreliable their comp is. Honda is very reliable, but so are the others these days. And maybe if honda built an IRS 500 class machine there would be more problems with the honda line, because if the machine wouldn't hit back like SRA does then people make be inclined to do more with them to break them. The way is stands now with a 500 class honda is that it beats you as hard as you beat it.

Quick Reply: polaris reliability?