Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Safety safety safety!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safety safety safety!

Well here is yet another YOUTUBE video sent to me from my cuz. In this one the dude is driving an older Polaris Sportsman. Its not the bike but the operator! I feel sorry for his friend on the side of his ATV.

Not to preach safety but now coming off of two (one too many) ATV accidents, yes STUPID hurts but one thing is for sure, please wear your helmets!

YouTube - Wellsville 4 wheeler crash

Regards,

R'

Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, He is lucky that Quad don't land directly on top of him.
I can see riding around your yard doing yard-work without a helmet, But doing this type of riding with rocks and incline.........Come on wear a head bucket will you!!
Caper.......
Don't they want to ride another day , or even care about there wife/girlfriend and children ...........

Old 09-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that was a pretty stupid thing to do. guessing caused by inexperence on his part and he was lucky that it didnt come down on top of him although a helmet wouldnt down him much good. imo.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea you know what is funny (not really) is that this rocky gorge going up the hill
is almost a complete reflection of the hill I took a spill on. Mine was a bit steeper and I wasn't riding stupid but took the hill climb coming over the rut in the wrong way. BACK SHE CAME! I was fortunate.

But man what are people thinking any kind of rock and mountain trail demands a helmet and even more protective gear (goggles, gloves, boots).

ANYONE THINK HE HAD THE REVERSE OVERRIDE TURNED ON?

OUCH!

R'

Old 09-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Ouch. Here I was admiring another ATP driver on YouTube. That's got to hurt. No helmet on terrain like that trying a turnaround on a steep greade???

Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Getting to where I hate riding with people not wearing helmets. That was stupid.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

That made me sick to my stomach. Always wearing a helmet everytime you get on an ATV is great,anything can happen at anytime. Riding/Working around the house we probably should and that is one thing, but that kind of riding is another...that is a NO BRAINER place to be wearing a helmnet IMO. But helmet or not that could have and may have ended in a serious spinal injury. Looked like plain in-experience to me...throttle at the wrong time. Did he think he had put it back in a forward gear maybe? Who knows.. sad in any case.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

We were at Wayne yesterday, and we were coming up a hill, and had to pull over and stop for some others to pass, and this guy behind us on a rancher, was turning around, and one side of the hill was curved up, and he backed too far up the side, and flop, over he went, luckily he flew clear of his bike, and the bike only flipped once, and they were both ok, but it was a little weird, I just looked back and BAM there he goes

Old 09-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Made me feel a little woozy also. It was scary seeing that young guy there, but it was probably a great lesson for him.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:44 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

That was a Sportsman stretched version which must weigh 800lbs atleast!

Quick Reply: Safety safety safety!