ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   reverse override mod and 3way light mod (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/317920-reverse-override-mod-3way-light-mod.html)

meddy293 09-09-2009 12:08 PM

reverse override mod and 3way light mod

came across a guy that had actual kits for these mods awhile back, but cant find on net now. maybe you guys can help, they were relatively cheap and professional looking, all i remember is the address was black hawk something, pretty vague i know but thought i'd try yall. thanks for any help

Ragelite 09-09-2009 12:15 PM

I used these instructions for both mods,

Here's the headlight and reverse over-ride mod!
Reverse mod- pull the headlight pod off and disconnect the two harnesses going to it. On the big harness locate the gray/orange wire and use a splice connector with another 8" piece of wire and have a female spade end connected to it. Now do the same with the brown(ground) wire coming off the lighter/accessory plug. Hook the two female spades to a toggle switch that you can mount on the pod and you are done. You will have to turn the switch to the "off" position to use the yellow override button to scroll through the different modes or if a young or inexperienced rider is on it for safety.

Three headlight mod- you will need a common relay from an auto parts store(I used a five pin because they are most common and came with a wiring harness), four 8" pieces of wire, and splice connectors. With the headlight pod off and the two harnesses unplugged you will need to splice the followoing wires:
#30 on relay to the green wire coming from the harness on the left handlebar
#87 to the positve wire on the lighter plug
#86 to the yellow wire coming off the top headlight harness
#85 to the lighter ground(brown wire)
Once it is all connected you should have all three lights on when switched to HI.

Very easy,clear and good looking. Just buy the toggle you like and your all set!

Oldman800 09-09-2009 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by meddy293 (Post 2842216)
came across a guy that had actual kits for these mods awhile back, but cant find on net now. maybe you guys can help, they were relatively cheap and professional looking, all i remember is the address was black hawk something, pretty vague i know but thought i'd try yall. thanks for any help

ATV parts, ATV tires, Quadovator ATV Accessories. I have the reverse override switch,3 headlight mod, and also temperature guage and fan pilot light switch. There may be cheaper ways to do it, but these kits come with everything you need and detailed instructions. Warning!!! be careful with the override switch. DON'T FORGET IT IS ON AFTER YOU USE IT!!!

meddy293 09-09-2009 10:04 PM

thanks old man800

thats the one!! thanks alot, i mean a million!!

Ragelite 09-10-2009 05:52 AM

What is the fan pilot light switch mod???

meddy293 09-10-2009 11:03 AM

fan override light switch

a switch so can turn on fan manually , check out there page it kinda goes with the temp gauge kit they have. thinking about getting it b/c i like knowing temp of my machines b4 they get to overheating. they've got a few cool products, the vother one i like is the spare gas mount. just check em out quadovator.com

Angel of Death 09-10-2009 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by meddy293 (Post 2842601)
a switch so can turn on fan manually , check out there page it kinda goes with the temp gauge kit they have. thinking about getting it b/c i like knowing temp of my machines b4 they get to overheating. they've got a few cool products, the vother one i like is the spare gas mount. just check em out quadovator.com

Anyone have any idea how difficult this mod would be to piece together on my own? I can imagine it's only a relay, switch and indicator light.

MickJP 09-10-2009 06:49 PM

I have the HID upgrade kit (best upgrade ever) and Ragelites instructions for the relay based 3 way mod worked perfectly for me thanks. I had the diode version and it failed a couple of times even after soldering it.

RticKwad 09-10-2009 07:44 PM

Question since we are talking the 3-Way light MOD (I have the Quadovator product)

I noticed a little issue. I am running the Quadovator 3-way headlight MOD and just installed the new brighter Xeon bulbs (Polaris) and when I switch to high all three ligths will not come on. However once it does I can't repeat the issue. So there is a glitch somewhere is it these brighter bulbs or something else that could be wrong? FYI, I have them (bulbs) in right and their seated and locked tight, so all good there!

Thanks for all the help!