ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Happy Veterns Day! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/320403-happy-veterns-day.html)

RticKwad 11-11-2009 08:22 PM

Happy Veterns Day!

A SALUTE to you all who are serving or have served in our Armed Forces. To our past fallen heros and most recently Ft. Hood soldiers. May God bless you and your family and thank you for service duty to our Country! Ride on brothers!

Cheers,

R'

DODGE57HEMI 11-11-2009 08:57 PM

Yes a BIG THANKS to all who have served!!!!!

sapper1775 11-11-2009 09:05 PM

Thank you for your salute! and to all brothers/sisters in arms thanks for getting by back!!! Also, a late Happy Birthday to all my fellow marines

RticKwad 11-11-2009 10:23 PM

We buried my grandfather on Monday (88yrs old, expected) who served as a Torpedo man on a destroyer in the Pacific fleet during WW-II. At his funeral the NAVY gave him a Honors funeral service. It was really cool and quite touching! We felt very proud of Grandpa's service to our nation!

Semper Fi and God Bless America!

R'

DODGE57HEMI 11-11-2009 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by RticKwad (Post 2864963)
We buried my grandfather on Monday (88yrs old, expected) who served as a Torpedo man on a destroyer in the Pacific fleet during WW-II. At his funeral the NAVY gave him a Honors funeral service. It was really cool and quite touching! We felt very proud of Grandpa's service to our nation!

Semper Fi and God Bless America!

R'

A big thanks to your Grandpa from a WWII buff! :) So sorry for your loss.

xcitmt 11-11-2009 11:48 PM

During my son's school Veteran's day program today they passed the mic around to all the vets. I was a very emotional moment when this WWII army man spoke about his service and his life. It was great to shake the hand of a man who helped keep our freedom in one of the worst wars in our history. It is funny (even as a vet myself ) where you get appreciation for all our brave men and women. Hero's shouldn't be pro ball players, shouldn't be movie stars or musicians... The men and women who serve to protect our nation.. Makes me proud to be an American.

MooseHenden 11-12-2009 06:04 AM

Couldn't have said it better, xcitmt. The politicians, judges, movie stars, athletes, and other celebrity types are not the heroes. The men and women of our military are. They daily put their lives in harms way for the good of our country and this world. They have forsaken the comforts of home and family to defend our way of life and our freedoms. I was thinking of how things could have been different if the US hadn't entered WWII. Who knows how far Hitler and his fellow madmen would have gotten. There are some who say there is no good reason to wage war. There are others who say there are things worse than war. I'm of the second persuasion. As NHs state motto says, "Live free or die". I would rather die fighting for freedom than live as a slave to an oppressive government. Our Founding Fathers understood and lived this way. Our military fights to preserve this way. Words alone can't suffice to state that we are in debt to all of you who fight our battles.

DODGE57HEMI 11-12-2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by MooseHenden (Post 2865001)
Couldn't have said it better, xcitmt. The politicians, judges, movie stars, athletes, and other celebrity types are not the heroes. The men and women of our military are. They daily put their lives in harms way for the good of our country and this world. They have forsaken the comforts of home and family to defend our way of life and our freedoms. I was thinking of how things could have been different if the US hadn't entered WWII. Who knows how far Hitler and his fellow madmen would have gotten. There are some who say there is no good reason to wage war. There are others who say there are things worse than war. I'm of the second persuasion. As NHs state motto says, "Live free or die". I would rather die fighting for freedom than live as a slave to an oppressive government. Our Founding Fathers understood and lived this way. Our military fights to preserve this way. Words alone can't suffice to state that we are in debt to all of you who fight our battles.

Yes! Very well put. With you 110%! :nod:

switzomatic 11-12-2009 03:37 PM

Thanks so much for supporting those of us who are serving/have served. It really means a lot!

skychief 11-12-2009 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by switzomatic (Post 2865141)
Thanks so much for supporting those of us who are serving/have served. It really means a lot!

I agree even though I'm a day late! I'm an old guy, Vietnam era vet :D