Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Power Steering for 08 Sportsman 800

Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering for 08 Sportsman 800

Hello I was wondering if anyone makes an aftermarket power steering kit for the 2008 sportsman 800????

Thanks

Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Range Rover
Old 12-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well I have known about this site for a little while but the times I posted no one has reported on these after-market products with its pros and cons. Only those who bash ever adding one Vs. selling our 08's (still pretty new though) and buying and upgrading to the new XP's.

Personally if I were to keep mine and this after market product is ALL THAT I would consider buying it along with my future 2nd wheel kit (Big horns) to take on/off for different trail systems. Wish I still didn't owe 3k on mine so I would be in a better position to trade up, ho humm!

Regards,

R'

Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you were going to sink that amount of money into a powersteering unit, i would seriously think about trading for the xp version models that come w/ it for sure. just a side note, but if you are experincing spring sag up front, it does make the bike steer a little harder over time. imo

Old 12-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I am sold on going to the XP 550 class. My issues are just more lost of $$$ and a present 3k balance. Which equals NO NEW QUAD for me anytime soon, lol...lol. Maybe the newer 2011 will have all those issues fixed?

Regards,

R'

Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default power steering

Personally I would love to upgrade to an 850 XP now that it is legal to ride them on the wisconsin trail system as of Dec 1st 2009 problem is however 2 things a dealer isnt going to give ya crap for a trade in regardless the hrs and such, and also the 09 and 10 XP's do not come with power steering as its an option so that makes the unit very pricey. I think there way over priced as it is..............

Old 12-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea I guess its all how you look at it! I mean who wants to spend that extra cash as an add on mod? My Mudlite wheel kit nearly cost me 1k as to why it took so long to get them. But if you are working your numbers the extra cash to spend from the new Non-EPS XP's to go with the EPS model is around the same upgrade in price as going out and buying this for an add on for the former Sportsmans. So why all the grief from some posters if people want to do that? If ya have the money (not me, lol) and want to do it, HAVE AT IT!

But going back to Badazzpred thread theme, who out here has bought and used these products? Some of us would like to hear a report, has to be someone out here!

Cheers,

R'

Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

$1200! Just arm strong it until you buy a new ATV.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by badazzpred
2 things a dealer isnt going to give ya crap for a trade in regardless the hrs and such, and also the 09 and 10 XP's do not come with power steering as its an option so that makes the unit very pricey. I think there way over priced as it is..............
I never,ever do a trade-in...I sell outright or I don't get a new one...

Be advised once you have a PS on a utility machine you will never be able to go back....

Old 12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

HO et al,

Can the new XP's ESP be disengaged either by switch/setting or by a connection?
Would there be reasons to disengage like in deep water, tight trails, steep rutted hills where
every sensitive steering degree could be critical? Also what happens with the steering controllability then, is it just like our steering or does it become like in a locked sense?

Regards,

R'

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Steering for 08 Sportsman 800