Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PSI pipe and Clutching?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raised the clip to the second notch from the top,it made a small differance.I jeted the pilot jet down from a 35 to a 30,it gave me a flat spot on acceleration.I countered the flat spot by adjusting the air screw.I had to adjust it to only one half a turn out to get thru the flat spot.I still cant pick up the front end of this quad[wheelie].Im getting very pissed.Im thinking about going to the Dynoport pipe and silencer?
Bill

Old 02-27-2001, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, Definetly get something that fits, If Dynoport says they have the combo for a 00 put it on your visa and if its not right refuse it!! You have definetly been dealt a bum deal on this mess, Take it from someone who has been there if you end up having to settle for this you will never be happy with your bike, It sounds like the psi stuff is a cross-over for some other application that they THINK should work, I'd send it back and let them know your unhappy .

Old 02-27-2001, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Todd,
I had the extreme pleasure of personally talking to MNXPLORER over the phone tonight and he and I have the same quads,he is happy,im not.

Im going to do exactly as you requested,im calling DYNOPORT in the morning and ordering up his pipe/silencer,along with some reeds.Im going to wait on the clutch kit because the Dyno pipe is a lower end pipe than the PSI and a complete clutch kit may not be needed,I might be able to get away with just a primary spring change.I have more man hrs into this experiment than I do at work in a wk,

IM DONE WITH PSI,
Bill

Old 02-27-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

For the money that we invest in this stuff an average set-up is around $500 plus, Parts that dont do what they are advertised and promoted to do just isnt acceptable, Let me know what Dynoport reccomends, odds are you will be ripping by next week.

Old 02-28-2001, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Todd,
I talked to Rich,the owner of Dynoport this morning.I have his pipe/silencer/spark arrestor along with Delta v-force reeds ordered.He said I should have them by Monday.He recommended the V-force reeds so I got them too.I agree with you,I've had ENOUGH BS with this PSI company,its time to go with a PROVEN product,
Bill

Old 02-28-2001, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Good deal Bill, Sounds like you will be in buisness mon or tue night, Definetly post some results.

Old 02-28-2001, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

MNXPLORER,
I called Rich,the owner of Dynoport back today to make sure he was keeping me within reach of the sound level [96db] in Michigan?He is a SNOBBY ole fart.He told me to quite listening to PSI and let him do his job.I had to QUICKLY remind him WHO was spending the 450 dollars here and that I AM the customer.In fact,PSI had NOTHING to do with my call.He cooled off after I let a little steam back in his direction.Alls I need is another PSI!I explained to him that I was just re-assuring myself of the sound level,he said he would put a down spout on my silencer and it would make me about 2DBs quiter than I had to be,COOL.

I called PSI and told them I had contacted my credit card company and AM disputing this charge,they said not to worry and they will send UPS after it at THEIR expense.So I will have to get up early in the morning and remove it from my quad.

Now how about these Reeds?Is there anything special I need to know about these?Are they easy to install?Dont they sit just in front of the intake near the carb?They appear easy to install
?

Thank You,
Bill

Old 02-28-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

The reeds are pretty easy to do, Just put the cage in after you have taken the pipe and airbox out, Dont put your pipe on fist then try to do the cage it is just to tight, The v-force has two positions to adjust the reeds high and low tension, I found on mine I like the high tension (position they are shipped in) the best.

Old 03-01-2001, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Bill, Todd pretty much said it all. The only thing else I can think of is to make sure you tighten the cage evenly. It is a far easier job than rejetting your carb.

Old 03-01-2001, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

I just finished removing the PSI pipe/silencer.I cleaned them up,boxed them in their original box and am currently waiting for UPS to pick the box up.

You guys are RIGHT.It sure does look alot easier to install them reeds with the pipe OFF.

Kurt,
did you say you ARE running a 250 main jet?Remember now,I also have a air box mod.The weather will be turning warmer real soon and what do you think about running a 230 main jet in the spring/summer?

Well,
I hope the Dynoport pipe/silencer/spark arrester and reeds arrive by Monday.I am leaving for my ASI training next Wednesday and wont be home until very late Sunday evening.I'd love to know that im coming home to PERFORMANCE!
Bill

Quick Reply: PSI pipe and Clutching?